User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 300ah Chins. I put it under the bed in our 31G. It's performed very well with our Victron 12/200/80-50. Very happy with the entire setup.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David and Peggy -

Maybe you would help me? I am new to RV’ing with a 2022 303RLS. I live in the Orlando area. I installed 2 Renogy 100amp batteries. The batteries have worked great since the installation in July 2022. But…

Now I am in Breckenridge, CO and I forgot about the effect of freezing temperatures on LiFePo4 and they are dead. I brought them inside for 48 hours, but still dead. I installed a 12v Lead Acid to get me through until I get self-heating LiFePo4 batteries. The lead acid brought the refrigerator back to life, until that battery drained. I am on 50amp shore power but the battery is not re-charging. Might you have some suggestions where I should look to solve my problem? Thank you in advance for any guidance.
    Larry & Carrie
    Orlando, FL
    2022 Reflections 303
    New to RV’ing and Learning

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaCarrie View Post
    David and Peggy -

Maybe you would help me? I am new to RV’ing with a 2022 303RLS. I live in the Orlando area. I installed 2 Renogy 100amp batteries. The batteries have worked great since the installation in July 2022. But…

Now I am in Breckenridge, CO and I forgot about the effect of freezing temperatures on LiFePo4 and they are dead. I brought them inside for 48 hours, but still dead. I installed a 12v Lead Acid to get me through until I get self-heating LiFePo4 batteries. The lead acid brought the refrigerator back to life, until that battery drained. I am on 50amp shore power but the battery is not re-charging. Might you have some suggestions where I should look to solve my problem? Thank you in advance for any guidance.
    I just looked up your batteries. The good news is you probably did not ruin your batteries They have a BMS that includes low temperture shutdown. I did not see on the website any instructions on how to wake them up.
    I suggest you call them.

2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David and Peggy -

Hi Larry, Sorry you are in such a beautiful place and in a pickle at the same time.

After thinking about it for a few minutes I have to ask if your battery cut-off switch got bumped and is maybe in the off position. This might explain why you are not getting any recharging.

As far as why your Renogys are letting you down...

I would need to know your model number to be certain, but a quick check on the Renogy website indicated that your battery may have cold temp protection for both charge and discharge, charge protection below 0 degrees and discharge protection at 20 degrees below zero.

Do you have bluetooth access on your Renogy batteries? If yes, you may be able to see some trouble code or reset provision. You might try calling Renogy to see if they can help.

If you do get your Renogy batteries operational, you might be able to place them in your heated hold and run wires through the hole that holds your cut-off switch and temporarily wire them into the existing battery wire ends to save your trip.

Let me know how things work out.

Good luck.

David
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I just looked up your batteries. The good news is you probably did not ruin your batteries They have a BMS that includes low temperture shutdown. I did not see on the website any instructions on how to wake them up.
    I suggest you call them.

First, thank you for a quick reply. I spoke to Renogy Technical Support this morning. The Rep agrees that the batteries should be fine once warmed, but they did not come to life. When I plug the 5th wheel into the truck everything work; refrigerator, basement DC powered lights, etc. I’m going hunting for the battery cutoff switch, headlamp, down parka, and all the winter wear I brought.

I just moved the batteries into the heated basement, so I don’t have the model #s. Thank you again.
    Larry & Carrie
    Orlando, FL
    2022 Reflections 303
    New to RV’ing and Learning

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, thank you for a quick reply. I spoke to Renogy Technical Support this morning. The Rep agrees that the batteries should be fine once warmed, but they did not come to life. When I plug the 5th wheel into the truck everything work; refrigerator, basement DC powered lights, etc. I’m going hunting for the battery cutoff switch, headlamp, down parka, and all the winter wear I brought.

I just moved the batteries into the heated basement, so I don’t have the model #s . Thank you again.
    I hope you found your cut-off switch, however, if you did not, it should be located in the middle hold area (not the hold with the batteries) on the front bulkhead wall, near the top, on the passenger side of your camper (Big Red handle). The red handle works like a key and needs to be slightly depressed before turning it on, if you can remove the key your batteries are disconnected, if you can't remove the key, your batteries are connected to the rest of the coach.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David and Peggy -

If you have a smart battery charger, it is likely that you need to boost the lithium battery in order to get your charger to kick on again. Most smart chargers will not begin charging a battery with a very low voltage, so you “trick” it. To do this, you leave the batteries connected to the charger, then connect a source that can give it some voltage such as another “dumb” charger or jumper wires from you charged lead acid battery. Once you see that your smart charger has begun charging you can disconnect the other source and you should be back in business.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot say thank you enough. I found the cutoff switch and I must have accidentally disconnected it while storing the AirSkirts for travel. Everything has come to life. I put a small space heater in the battery storage area because it is not heated. The outside temp is 7 degrees F.

I hope someday I can return the favor.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The batteries I choose are labeled "Ionic" & the supplier is located Vancouver BC Canada.

They offered a great deal of information when I quizzed them regarding build quality. They answer the phone, return calls & emails.

Stock was a problem so I had to wait, typical supply issues just like the 310 GK I ordered October 2022.

These are 200ah each, smart & heated. The charge current is used to heat first then battery charge. Wired parallel, I ordered the factory solar system with the delusion the manufactured would have practiced due diligence with their solar offering. Like the factory stereo system, I turned that on once.

My reasoning for smart heated batteries @ that time was time & install related. The RV was going to be late & I had no time for a retrofit. They are in the front compartment & very quick & easy to install with the factory solar wiring right their.

Price per battery was $1499.00ea including freight. Less than the big names & 200ah heated....more difficult to find.

400ah with a small 2000w inverter, micro wave is rewired. The single 300w panel & 30a charger did a reasonable job of looking after batteries summer months.
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I chose Ampere Time 300ah
    2. I chose them for the balance of size, cost, features and reputation
    3. No, cold temp protection is not important to me because cold temp protection is available in the Victron equipment I have selected for my system
    4. I watched Will Prowse’s teardown video. Yes the video was helpful.
    5. I purchased 2 300 ah batteries for a total of 600ah. I could put in a third if I choose
    6. They have performed very well. When I first got them installed, I did a capacity test and came up with 617 Ah for the bank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220522_170525.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	44217
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 RAM Laramie 3500 DRW
    Retired Navy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast