User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItchinToGo! View Post
    Love your installation, looks very clean and well laid out!
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two Ampere Time 200ah batteries in my 5th wheel, it had one in it when I purchased the trailer, I added another after a couple months, going to add a third 200hr here shortly to go with my solar upgrade. i have had zero problems with them. I also have a residential refrigerator so it is taxing on the batteries. don't like not having the cold cut off protection, so i wrapped them in tank heater pads and install an on/off switch remotely inside the trailer. (incase it ever gets below freezing in Arizona )
    2022 Momentum 350G w/residential fridge, 8k axles, Factory Jaboni 300w panel, Victron 100/50 controller, (2) two hundred Amperetime batteries
    2020 GMC Denali 3500 SRW 4WD
    2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m entering my fourth season with our pair of Lion UT1300’s from Costco. Definitely not the cheapest($1399 for pair) of the cheap lithium options but we have been very happy. One thing I’ve noted is that noticed is the BMS output 150amps, most max out at 100amps. I’ve put a 2500 watt load on the batteries and they don’t batt an eye. We camped 110+ nights with these and never run out of power. Half those nights were boondocking and we have one 7 day trip and several 4 day weekends without hookups under our belt. Very happy with them.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    I’m entering my fourth season with our pair of Lion UT1300’s from Costco. Definitely not the cheapest($1399 for pair) of the cheap lithium options but we have been very happy. One thing I’ve noted is that noticed is the BMS output 150amps, most max out at 100amps. I’ve put a 2500 watt load on the batteries and they don’t batt an eye. We camped 110+ nights with these and never run out of power. Half those nights were boondocking and we have one 7 day trip and several 4 day weekends without hookups under our belt. Very happy with them.
    Really good to hear. Your extended camping experience really goes to show everyone how much better Lithium batteries are than Lead Acid.

Lion batteries have a very good reputation.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I bit the bullet. I was going to get a LiTime battery, but decided on Weize instead. Both seem good, and have good reviews, but the last review by will Prowse convinced me. Next will be a new converter charger
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet. I was going to get a LiTime battery, but decided on Weize instead. Both seem good, and have good reviews, but the last review by will Prowse convinced me. Next will be a new converter charger
    Let us know how you make out with the Weize batteries.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItchinToGo! View Post
    1. I chose Ampere Time 300ah
    2. I chose them for the balance of size, cost, features and reputation
    3. No, cold temp protection is not important to me because cold temp protection is available in the Victron equipment I have selected for my system
    4. I watched Will Prowse’s teardown video. Yes the video was helpful.
    5. I purchased 2 300 ah batteries for a total of 600ah. I could put in a third if I choose
    6. They have performed very well. When I first got them installed, I did a capacity test and came up with 617 Ah for the bank.

Attachment 44217
    Nice install What sort of tray do you have your batterys on, I see the solid hold downs. do the Ampere Time 300ah have bluetooth, or are you depending on your Victron equipment (712 smart shunt)) to give you information
    Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Nice install What sort of tray do you have your batterys on, I see the solid hold downs. do the Ampere Time 300ah have bluetooth, or are you depending on your Victron equipment (712 smart shunt)) to give you information
    Thanks
    They are sitting on a plywood platform that built. I got the straps from Custom Tiedowns https://customtiedowns.com/search.ph...42-RW4.33-1.33 and used some footman loops to secure them to the platform. The batteries don't have bluetooth, I'm using the BMV-712 to monitor them along with the Cerbo GX with touch 50 panel.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 RAM Laramie 3500 DRW
    Retired Navy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to remember reading on this site somewhere that replacing my 55amp converter with a 60 amp is ok. Is that correct? I am seeing a pretty good deal on Ebay for a 60amp.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I seem to remember reading on this site somewhere that replacing my 55amp converter with a 60 amp is ok. Is that correct? I am seeing a pretty good deal on Ebay for a 60amp.
    This is an example of where knowing how big your system eventually will be would come in handy.

From your previous post, I gather that you are installing two 100ah Weize LiFePo4 batteries.

The answer to your question is yes, the 60 amp Converter will (be sure it is Lithium Compatible) be adequate for your two batteries. However, if you intend on expanding your battery bank to 600ah or 800ah, you will find the 60 amp Converter to be too slow to charge up the larger battery bank.

I might caution you against buying a WFCO Auto Detect (AD is in the model number), many users have had trouble getting that Converter to detect the Lithium batteries and if it detects Lithium batteries, it has a tendency to forget that Lithium batteries are installed. Consequently, if it is a WFCO be sure that it has a manual switch for Lithium mode, or buy a Progressive Dynamics unit.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast