0 Thread(s)
    North Texas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMitt70 View Post
    Our experience 2 years ago…. We ordered it in Dec. ‘20 and took delivery in May ‘21

Attachment 44145
    28% discount.....DURING the RV covid free-for-all sell everything fest..

And I'm being quoted 25% below MSRP today and being told that I am just CRAZY to ask for anything less

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    28% discount.....DURING the RV covid free-for-all sell everything fest..

And I'm being quoted 25% below MSRP today and being told that I am just CRAZY to ask for anything less
    Maybe extend your search outside your local area (if you haven’t already). I feel like, given current inventory levels and interest rates, 30% is a minimum. When negotiating with the dealer to order ours, I floated a 30% discount and they rejected it. They countered at 20% and I rejected it…. Several days later, they called back and gave me the ‘what can we do to earn your business’ song/dance. I told them the most I would pay would be $98K (28%) and I would give them a $10K non-refundable deposit (I was comfortable doing that). They accepted (probably hoping I would default and lose the $10K… that was NOT happening). I think the key to negotiating with these people is the willingness to walk away (you need to walk away at least once… and have them come chase you down, they always do).
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMitt70 View Post
    Maybe extend your search outside your local area (if you haven’t already). I feel like, given current inventory levels and interest rates, 30% is a minimum. When negotiating with the dealer to order ours, I floated a 30% discount and they rejected it. They countered at 20% and I rejected it…. Several days later, they called back and gave me the ‘what can we do to earn your business’ song/dance. I told them the most I would pay would be $98K (28%) and I would give them a $10K non-refundable deposit (I was comfortable doing that). They accepted (probably hoping I would default and lose the $10K… that was NOT happening). I think the key to negotiating with these people is the willingness to walk away (you need to walk away at least once… and have them come chase you down, they always do).
    @Slappy this is good advice. I got 27% last year. I did the same thing, floating 30%. It took about 10 days. My closest dealer wouldn’t budge, 2nd closest dealer got somewhat close, but not good enough. We travelled 200miles for ours. Now, if you travel a good distance then warranty work will be an issue, but if you are willing/able to fix a few water leaks, and other minor stuff, you should be fine. I just replaced a microwave and never talked to the dealer. Grand Design was outstanding at getting it to us. With a unit sitting on a lot, you have all kinds of bargaining power. If they sell it, move on.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tips. Thank you.

Ive talked to dealers in six states now.

I talked to the one in Tennessee today that sold a 23 order at $110.

Just seems like no one will budge on their first price quoted by any meaningful amount, but I guess what is meaningful is in the eye of the beholder.

I was hoping to buy this before 12/31 for tax purposes but that hope is growing dim.........

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    Great tips. Thank you.

Ive talked to dealers in six states now.

I talked to the one in Tennessee today that sold a 23 order at $110.

Just seems like no one will budge on their first price quoted by any meaningful amount, but I guess what is meaningful is in the eye of the beholder.

I was hoping to buy this before 12/31 for tax purposes but that hope is growing dim.........
    A lot of people rave about Northgate in (I think) Georgia. Might want to try them too. I believe they are a Blue Compass RV entity now.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    A lot of people rave about Northgate in (I think) Georgia. Might want to try them too. I believe they are a Blue Compass RV entity now.
    Northgate seems to have the best price, or very close. Lot of people like the sales staff also. Another one is Cookeville RV in Tennessee. Both are about 120 miles from each other. When I was looking to by mine, the two had the best price I could find in the U.S.. I bought mine at Cookeville, which if I recall right was about 1% less of a discount, but they happen to be about four miles from my house, hoping for the preferential warranty work, which they did (just crappy workmanship, so not so good).
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK.....Sooooooooo......

I talked to a dealer, whom is well recommended, but is a smooth 800 miles away from my front door.

Getting there and back would be around $800 but that is what it is.

But for that expense I am just a little shy of 32% below MSRP.

$114k plus TT&L on a MSRP of $157k

That's not to my "40% below MSRP or close to it" range but it's as close as I've been able to reach so far.

I'm a little hesitant to send a 10% deposit to another state to a dealership I've never heard of right before the RV market takes a swan dive, but thats what was requested to place an order and then about a 60+ day wait for production.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Thats the sound of me thinking seriously about it...

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only caveat that I would make is that there is a dealer about 250 miles from me, but in the same state, that returned my call today as well that said he had one inbound.

I am not going to show and shop quotes and better deal people back and forth, but I will look at his build sheet and see what his best price is.

As it is, I am inclined to go ahead and take the deal 800 miles away. I doubt the closer guy is going to blow him out. But I'll see what he's got before I make my final decision.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so the one inbound 250 miles away was a no-go.

Looks like the one way far away is the one I will be considering over Christmas.........

398M-R king bed, genny, 3 season dr, 3rd AC, heat pump, dual pane, 1/2 bath, happijac, deck, steps, and toppers for $114k and change plus TT&L on an MSRP of $157 and change.

What say you?

Drop a 10% deposit and wait a few months for the delivery, or pass and wait for regular production to start hitting the lots and see what they go for in February and March of 2023???

Think I could do better just waiting for normal production units to arrive locally?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast