User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Is This A Good Deal On A New 398M-R At The End Of The Year

2022 Momentum 398M-R with no generator, but with king bed, 1/2 bath, 3 season doors on back, and 3rd AC (no heat pump).

MSRP $155,500

Listed Sale: $121,000

Verbal from salesman: $114,000 (approx 27% off MSRP)

It does NOT have the genny and heat pump which I wanted, and it is at a dealer several hundred miles away, but for the right price.....

2023s are out. And its almost 2023 at that. I CAN wait for the market to continue to soften, and I am a cash buyer, but if I can get the right deal, I would like to.

I am thinking that 27% off MSRP is pre-covid normal. However with a collapsing RV market, falling economy, year end, missing a few options, about to be last years model, that making at offer at $99,000 (approx 35% off MSRP) is what I would expect.

What do you think?

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    2022 Momentum 398M-R with no generator, but with king bed, 1/2 bath, 3 season doors on back, and 3rd AC (no heat pump).

MSRP $155,500

It does NOT have the genny and heat pump which I wanted, and it is at a dealer several hundred miles away, but for the right price.....

2023s are out. And its almost 2023 at that. I CAN wait for the market to continue to soften, and I am a cash buyer, but if I can get the right deal, I would like to.

I am thinking that 27% off MSRP is pre-covid normal. However with a collapsing RV market, falling economy, year end, missing a few options, about to be last years model, that making at offer at $99,000 (approx 35% off MSRP) is what I would expect.

What do you think?
    It's not an easy question to answer. Based off MSRP alone, yes, that is a good price to go in at. But MSRP numbers are inflated right now, so overall, it's still pretty high. I don't expect a huge drop in new RV pricing. I do expect used to drop (how much is hard to say), so take that into consideration depending on how long you plan on keeping the unit.

Gen-sets are a pain labor wise and very expensive to install later on. So, if you really wanted an onboard set like the OEM setup, that is something to consider...

Heat pump a it pricey since you'll have to replace the entire unit, but it is relatively simple, all things considered.

I wouldn't tell the dealer you are a cash buyer. They typically negotiate more when they think they are getting paid for financing through one of their lenders.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MSRP $155,500

What do you think?
    I think that’s a fair offer…I would probably extend it as “firm”, so they don’t come back with something in between. Waiting might get you an even better deal, but since u have the cash, I’d probably make the decision partly by what you have planned for next year, and if you need some time for mods before the season. A “bird in hand” vs “two in the bush”, with next year’s camping plans possibly in the balance, so to speak. Prepare for sticker shock on the genny if you do add it, and it may take a long while to get it.

Does it have the genny prep?
    Last edited by LMagelitz; 12-15-2022 at 08:25 AM.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our experience 2 years ago…. We ordered it in Dec. ‘20 and took delivery in May ‘21

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B342E864-97F1-4A75-B117-6156E09EF329.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	751.3 KB 
ID:	44145
    Last edited by TMitt70; 12-15-2022 at 08:56 AM.
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MSRP $155,500

What do you think?
    Depends where you are from, I have a 5500 Onan gen set here that we ordered in for a customer. Never showed up, so it is for sale.

Also, if you are dead set on the Residential fridge, you have to buy what is out there in the marketplace.

There will be no more residential or Ammonia absorption refers after the new year.

All will be Furrion 12 volt compressor refers.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    I think that’s a fair offer…I would probably extend it as “firm”, so they don’t come back with something in between. Waiting might get you an even better deal, but since u have the cash, I’d probably make the decision partly by what you have planned for next year, and if you need some time for mods before the season. A “bird in hand” vs “two in the bush”, with next year’s camping plans possibly in the balance, so to speak. Prepare for sticker shock on the genny if you do add it, and it may take a long while to get it.

Does it have the genny prep?
    It does not indicate gen prep anywhere on the build sheet.

Therefore I am assuming it is not prepped at all, which it not a deal breaker. I doubt I would ever use it. However I would possibly expand the existing solar package and do a whole blown out expanded solar package on it in the future so I dont know how much of the prep pkg would be important to that

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Depends where you are from, I have a 5500 Onan gen set here that we ordered in for a customer. Never showed up, so it is for sale.

Also, if you are dead set on the Residential fridge, you have to buy what is out there in the marketplace.

There will be no more residential or Ammonia absorption refers after the new year.

All will be Furrion 12 volt compressor refers.
    Im really not too spun up on the 12 volt friges and for what Im doing with the unit, not sure it matters that much. Im pretty much always going to have shore power and when I am traveling, I precool the fridge and always run the inverter on a good battery thats recharging off my truck while driving if I understand how it works

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MSRP $155,500

What do you think?
    This is, undoubtedly, a declining market and (as you point out) is altogether month/QTR/year end. From my perspective, buyers have the advantage. Your idea of $99K seems like a good place to start. Make the offer and let them respond. At the very least, they’ll counter (they ALWAYS do). Just be patient and wait… It’s not like there isn’t tons of options all over the country. Also, investigate opening an LLC in Montana… this will allow you buy a unit from a dealer in MT and save sales tax along with a very low cost permanent registration in the state of MT.

I’d make that offer and be firm. They’ll know you’re serious and will work with you. If you don’t have to buy now… Be patient.

Good luck!
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I started at $93

They countered at $117 for some reason after I already was quoted $114 by someone else

I countered at $99

They countered at $112 if i used their financing

Not even sure If I'll respond. My number was $100 and I didnt want to go over, and I dont want financing.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I started at $93

They countered at $117 for some reason after I already was quoted $114 by someone else

I countered at $99

They countered at $112 if i used their financing

Not even sure If I'll respond. My number was $100 and I didnt want to go over, and I dont want financing.
    It's amazing that we're in a country where $100k wont buy last years trailer, stripped of key equipment.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast