User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    When replacing the sft hose with pex. It is recommended to use the soft hose at the water pump. The pex with as stiff as it is could vibrate making noise you would be able to hear.
    This the water pump silencing hoses that I use and I have had good luck with them.

https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-94-59...s%2C351&sr=8-6
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so everyone is aware... This is a HUGE issue in the RV industry. Pex fittings CANNOT be used on flexible tubing! The correct plumbing fittings for flexible tubing have barbs on them and normally have a little rubber grommet to seal it. Housing code requires the correct fittings to be used, but this is not enforced in the RV industry. Almost all leaks you will have on your trailer will be because a pex fitting was used on a flexible hose. The only way to fix this is to replace the fittings with the correct ones.
    Grand Design, I hope you can look into this and fix the plumbing, especially on those hard to reach places that normal people can't get to. I have an Imagine 2400BH, love the thing, but hated replacing all the fittings that I could get to so I didn't have to worry about leaks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plumb1.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	50039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plumb2.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	733.3 KB 
ID:	50040

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456