User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to camping in cold weather-heat won’t turn on?

I feel really silly for posting this but we’ve never used the heater in our 2018 momentum 349m. I cannot figure out how to turn it on. From the thermostat I turn on heat and nothing clicks, no fan kicks on, and obviously no heat. I’ve watched countless YouTube videos and am beginning to think our thermostat is broken. It’s hard to believe it’s broken because we have never used it. Can someone offer any insight? Maybe something with the same model can give me instruction. I would really appreciate it!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only one thermostat for that big coach?
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would help if you posted a picture of your thermostat or the model, not every RV even the same model line necessarily has the same thermostat. Is yours controlled by One Control or an actual stand alone thermostat?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinandnicksd View Post
    I feel really silly for posting this but we’ve never used the heater in our 2018 momentum 349m. I cannot figure out how to turn it on. From the thermostat I turn on heat and nothing clicks, no fan kicks on, and obviously no heat. I’ve watched countless YouTube videos and am beginning to think our thermostat is broken. It’s hard to believe it’s broken because we have never used it. Can someone offer any insight? Maybe something with the same model can give me instruction. I would really appreciate it!
    Since it has never been used, be prepared for some awful smells as it burns off the residual oils etc from it's manufacture. It will set off the smoke alarm. Best to open doors and windows for about 30 minutes, and vacate the coach.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinandnicksd View Post
    First off, it looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to come when you need help. As others have said, it would help if you could add a bit more information about your situation. Some pictures would be great. Have you checked your fuses? Would you be able to use a multimeter to test if power is getting to your furnace?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be 2 thermostat's in that unit, which one are you trying?

Only one will control the furnace.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS