User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RV Magazines

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to a Camping World....once. We were camping at Fort Wilderness in 2014 I think. I needed something for the trailer. There was a Camping World that was about 20 minutes away. My father and I took the ride over to check it out. I did get what I needed but I wasn't happy about it. The fan in the bathroom died. Camping World was a good 20% more than even a local RV supply distributor back home. However, if I bought the "membership" magically it was the same price. I said scam. Got back to the trailer, everyone asked how it went. I said I got a new fan but never again. When we went looking for a new RV in 2018, Camping World was crossed off the list. Plus when we walked through their sections at Hershey RV shows, nothing was appealing to us for our needs. Got a bunch of free bags.

Yes I know RV mag is owned by CW. However, I can easily breeze past their ads and such. It's all good.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a member of Good Sams. I joined to get the big book of campgrounds and the trip planner application. Being a member means that if I have to get something for the trailer and nobody else has it then I can get it for a reasonable price, otherwise you get skewered.

Here's how I know that Camping World price setting is borderline deceptive. We were having trouble with our water heater. It was going thru thermostats like I can eat popcorn so I was shopping online for a replacement. I looked at one heater at Camping World but didn't buy it (my dealer and GD stepped up). But ever since I get e-mails every week with a wildly different price and stupid sales pitch: "For a limited time only!" "Only two remain!" "Back in stock AND on clearance!" "It's almost out of stock!" "Price slashed!" Most ridiculous: "New Item!" (but same model and item number as last week). At first it was annoying.... Now it's totally hilarious.

CW sux.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by KeithH63 View Post
    Just a follow up on my post above. It turns out the Colorado RV Adventure & Travel show that has happened for at least 15+ years has drastically changed. Found out from my GD dealer that Camping World owns the promotional company that puts on this show and the new show is only the local Camping World dealer selling new and used RVs. All of the other dealers in Denver and along the front range can't display there this year. In my opinion, that's pretty sleazy by Camping World.
    And THAT would explain why I just discovered online that The Rocky Mountain RV Show (sponsored by Windish RV and Airstream of CO) is happening that same weekend at the 1stBank Center in Broomfield, CO.

Check it out at rockymountainrvshow.com
    David & Janelle plus April & Jazzee our blue heelers
    Farming/ranching in eastern Colorado...but not for much longer!!
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL (4/2019)
    2020 Ford F450 DRW 4X4 8' bed (1/2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123