User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    Sitting in the 5er at 7:00 AM, forecast temp -2 actual temp -9, new forecast low for Weds night -37!!!!!!!! Right now I have the furnace, the electric fire place, another electric heater and a diesel heater at 50% and I am maintaining 71 degrees, but my dear wife likes to sleep cool, so bedroom is around 55. Windows all have reflectex bubble wrap and 3m ceramic film (helps a lot with condensation) and at the bottom of each black out blind it feels like the window is open! Next to our bed the windows don't have reflectex, just the shades down and your arms will feel like they are in the freezer if you leave them outside the blankets too long, LOL I checked my propane tanks yesterday and my 100 lb bottle is still at least 50% and I swapped in a new 30 lb bottle. I have a spare full 100 lb bottle and I will fill up another 30lb bottle today because there is a good chance the good ol diesel truck might not be happy at -37!!! I might add, NO SKIRTING, but I have no idea if the water tank is mostly frozen since the drain valve is definitely froze up.
    Condensation can be a big problem with these trailers. It will collect behind top of bed, in closets, behind couch and in the space between the roof and ceiling. When you get home pull the cowling around ceiling fans and pull out a couple of ceiling puck lights to check for moisture. It would be good to check before you have water running out of the ceiling lights.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here I was just complaining about the forecast for Christmas eve and day with a high of 48 in Bradenton ,Fl. Your temps put my whining to shame. We hope you get out of this nasty cold spell with minimal issues.
    Try to have safe time and Merry Christmas.

Maybe it's time to hide in the kids house even if it's means sleeping on the floor
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should rename this thread to coldest temps spent in a Solitude without freezing to death, LOL. I have moved my diesel heater outlet duct so that it is blowing towards the belly but mostly towards the pantry, a good amount of heat is entering the 5er with the pantry door open, enough heat that the furnace isn't running much and we are holding 71 degrees inside. I have the diesel heater set at about 3.8 HZ and max is 5.0 HZ. This is a 8kw heater and I am pretty impressed with how much heat it puts out. On the present setting I am burning about 2 gallons of diesel in 24 hours and since I have a 60 gallon tank in the bed of my truck with an electric pump, it is more convenient than filling up propane tanks. Speaking of propane, I went into town today and stopped a local Cenex fuel stop to get propane and was told they are out until tomorrow. We will see if their fuel trucks make it or not. When the temps get too low the DEF in late model diesel trucks can freeze and then you are out of luck.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    I am scratching my head about one thing, I switched the nautilus panel over to tank fill and applied compressed air and I didn't seem to get any back pressure. I am hoping that a fitting didn't crack back towards the tank. I don't have any signs of water leaking from the coroplast and I couldn't hear any air leaking when I pressured up the line...
    My guess would be that you didn’t get back pressure because the air was going out the overflow on the fresh tank. That tube is probably large enough that it wouldn’t create much noise, especially if you had some background noise.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought pajamas for the first time and it literally changed my life. I always slept with only boxers on, but its getting so cold lately! But I can never sleep with a shirt/sweater due to my anxiety or something, but pajamas are made to breath so it is a life changer lol

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to my daughter we got to -44 last night! I woke up at 3:30 am and I didn’t hear the furnace running. I got dressed and went outside to check on the propane. My one hundred pound bottle was still full, but the 30 pound bottle was empty, the tank switch valve isn’t working and is stuck on one side. I moved the 100 lb bottle to that side and fired the heater back up. The temp inside was down to 66 with the diesel heater and the electric fireplace and another electric heater. I woke up this morning at 8:45 and the official temperature was -44, it was only 60 degrees in the 5er and 56 in the bedroom. My diesel heater had run out of fuel, so outside I went and refueled and attempted to prime the heater. I turned it up to max and luckily it came to life. The high today is only supposed to be -22 and hopefully the this cold wave breaks tomorrow. Tonights low is forecasted to be -32 and it is -28 right now at 7:15 pm. The diesel heater is capable of over 27k btu's , but I will have to turn it down tonight so that the 1 gallon fuel tank doesn't run out. When I get home, I will make a bracket to hold a 5 gallon fuel tank.
    Last edited by Nuffsaid; 12-22-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is our 4th season wintering near Corpus Christi TX (Mustang Island) and currently the temp is 23 deg and 7 deg wind chill. This will continue all day today into tomorrow.
    It is the 3rd winter we've had the polar express come this far south. It's a common thing now that the jet stream has changed.
    Yesterday when it was still 67 deg, we filled up our water tank, disconnected from exposed water source. Turned off icemaker and disconnected the icemaker line located just under the kitchen slide.
    Stored our OnTheGo softener in the 310GK basement. Topped off 4 propane tanks (2 connected)
    Drained all tanks, then turned tank heaters on before bed last night.
    Thermostat set to 68 and fireplace set to 64 deg last night. (This way the furnace does not run all night)

Temps will be back up into the 60's and 70's by Wed next week but these next 3 days are going to be very cold for the wildlife down here that are not used to sub-freezing temps.

We will be doing a sea turtle beach combing with our beach golf cart on Sat looking for stunned turtles and reporting them to the Sea Turtle rescue down here so they can be transported to a warming center.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    This is our 4th season wintering near Corpus Christi TX (Mustang Island) and currently the temp is 23 deg and 7 deg wind chill. This will continue all day today into tomorrow.
    It is the 3rd winter we've had the polar express come this far south. It's a common thing now that the jet stream has changed.
    Yesterday when it was still 67 deg, we filled up our water tank, disconnected from exposed water source. Turned off icemaker and disconnected the icemaker line located just under the kitchen slide.
    Stored our OnTheGo softener in the 310GK basement. Topped off 4 propane tanks (2 connected)
    Drained all tanks, then turned tank heaters on before bed last night.
    Thermostat set to 68 and fireplace set to 64 deg last night. (This way the furnace does not run all night)

Temps will be back up into the 60's and 70's by Wed next week but these next 3 days are going to be very cold for the wildlife down here that are not used to sub-freezing temps.

We will be doing a sea turtle beach combing with our beach golf cart on Sat looking for stunned turtles and reporting them to the Sea Turtle rescue down here so they can be transported to a warming center.
    Yup seems like Deja vu all over again. Tami and I were out beach walking yesterday afternoon 67-70*. Now I've got my hands wrapped around my morning coffee cup. According to the local Galveston news wind gusts up to 47 mph here, that will suck the warmth right out of the RV ! RV rocking and rolling most of the night with the wind.
    Took all the precautions we could ahead of the deep freeze. Power keeps cutting off and on, line voltage keeps dropping below 104V, power monitor getting a work out. Extra propane tank this year, running on internal tanks, tank heaters on, long johns, extra socks, multiple hooded sweat shirts. Ma in her kerchief, and I in my cap had just settled down for a warm ? winters day?

Hope all y'all winter campers out there are faring well through this deep freeze!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Since we travel from MT we always have our woolies and long johns ready for this.
    However, I forgot my winter gloves and been using Mechanix gloves which I do NOT recommended for 23 deg with 30 mph winds! But it's better than nothing!
    We still take the dogs for a 3 miles walk twice a day, rain wind snow or ugly cold!

2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to say we are enjoying the 53 degree weather here in New England, but inches of rain that are going to flash freeze today. Daughter is 20 degrees colder in NC. Cleaned the ice off the roof of the RV though. Will be putting on my ice cleats later today though. I guess on the positive side, glad I'm not the guy towing the Airstream below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	airstream.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	44229
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast