User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I'd like to say we are enjoying the 53 degree weather here in New England, but inches of rain that are going to flash freeze today. Daughter is 20 degrees colder in NC. Cleaned the ice off the roof of the RV though. Will be putting on my ice cleats later today though. I guess on the positive side, glad I'm not the guy towing the Airstream below.
    Yeah, you just can't fix stupid.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure our fresh water tank froze solid! Tank heater either quit or was able to keep up. I just got the drain valve open and it is ice above it

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    I am pretty sure our fresh water tank froze solid! Tank heater either quit or was able to keep up. I just got the drain valve open and it is ice above it
    I doubt the tank itself “froze solid”, it’s probably just the drain pipe.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    I doubt the tank itself “froze solid”, it’s probably just the drain pipe.
    It's probably got some hard water in the vent tube
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say, but I have had a ton of heat blowing into the under belly and I can’t get water in or out. The tank sensor shows empty, but it should still have 60 plus gallons. I was able to get the drain valve open, but just smooth ice above. -44 F can make a lot of ice. Maybe the tank heater is working and will start thawing the tank

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say, but I have had a ton of heat blowing into the under belly and I can’t get water in or out. The tank sensor shows empty, but it should still have 60 plus gallons. I was able to get the drain valve open, but just smooth ice above. -44 F can make a lot of ice. Maybe the tank heater is working and will start thawing the tank
    You are much stronger than us my friend. Low to mid 20’s is our limit.

Merry Christmas! Stay warm!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an adventure you are having with a very positive attitude! Merry Christmas, please stay warm, healthy and safe! Perhaps you need to share your Daughter's space in her home bundled up! Keep posting, please.
    Ken Sheri (in our sticks and bricks hm)
    2019 381M

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally some good luck, the refrigerator started cooling again! Our temps are back in the upper 20's low 30's. I got snow cleared off of the slides so that I can stay ahead of that so we can head for home on Tuesday, back to the banana belt of Wyoming where it only got down to -38 the other day, LOL. I am hoping my log home stayed ok with just a 65k natural gas furnace and 4 heat pumps that quit working at -4. When we are home, we heat with mostly wood. Getting our fresh water thawed out would be a nice plus as my wife isn't enthused about not having running water when it's time for bed! Hopefully it warms up enough this week to thaw out the water tank. I have my diesel heater putting all of it's heat into the belly right now, but the fresh water tank is behind the rear axle and heat likes to rise a lot more that fall. Oh well, Merry Christmas to ALL!!
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo hoo, it got into the 40's today and my freshwater tank thawed out! I filled it back up with water and no leaks!!!!!!! We made it through the coldest weather I have ever spent in a trailer and we didn't die, LOL. I am very thankful for having my aux diesel heater, it truly is a life saver.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo hoo, it got into the 40's today and my freshwater tank thawed out! I filled it back up with water and no leaks!!!!!!! We made it through the coldest weather I have ever spent in a trailer and we didn't die, LOL. I am very thankful for having my aux diesel heater, it truly is a life saver.
    Glad the tank doesn't leak and you made it through.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast