User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking to add lighting

Hey all: I have a 2022 23lde, and I'm trying to upgrade the lighting. I'm thinking about adding 2-3 LED puck lights above the theater seats and the same thing across underneath the TV cabinet.

Maybe also add a few more above the bed.

What I'm not sure about is the thickness of panel on slide, don't want to go through. Also, this has compass connect, so would I be able to put a dimmer in somewhere before the controller? I might like to adjust ceiling lights.

The lights I purchased are about 2.25 inch holes x .50 depth. I also ordered two high side dimmers, which have 4wire, and the knob type.

Any help I'd appreciate

Chris

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cash4trash View Post
    Hey all: I have a 2022 23lde, and I'm trying to upgrade the lighting. I'm thinking about adding 2-3 LED puck lights above the theater seats and the same thing across underneath the TV cabinet.

What I'm not sure about is the thickness of panel on slide, don't want to go through. Also, this has compass connect, so would I be able to put a dimmer in somewhere before the controller? I might like to adjust ceiling lights.

The lights I purchased are about 2.25 inch holes x .50 depth. I also ordered two high side dimmers, which have 4wire, and the knob type.

Any help I'd appreciate

Chris
    There have been a few threads on this topic, try https://www.google.com/search?q=mygr...&ie=UTF-8#ip=1
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any help I'd appreciate

Chris
    If the lights you want to add are in a slide, you are probably going to run into styrofoam in the ceilings. This is probably why Grand Design places a stylized piece of wood above areas whenever they install lights (just go to GD website and look at the pictures of Solitudes).

If you already have lights in the areas where you want to install the new lights, you can probably tap into the existing wiring. If you use a switch to turn on the lights, versus, using the One Touch Controller, then you should be able to replace that switch with a dimmer, if your lights are controlled by the One Touch system then a dimmer would probably not be a good idea, unless you are tapping into a wire that is not powered by the one touch controller.

One other note: Installing 3 lights above the TV might be way too much light. I would try taping the lights to the area above the TV and testing the lights prior to cutting any holes (note: use the 3m blue tape and not duct tape to avoid pealing the finish off of the wood above the TV).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you., I'll check out the link. Chris

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply David. Yes, there's one of those cheap led lights above the theater seats. I could use the wire, and run a dimmer with the puck lights. On the other side, there's no lights under the cabinet, so I'd need to run wire.
    Thank you for your ideas,

Chris

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply David. Yes, there's one of those cheap led lights above the theater seats. I could use the wire, and run a dimmer with the puck lights. On the other side, there's no lights under the cabinet, so I'd need to run wire.
    Thank you for your ideas,

Chris
    You might find a wire already under the cabinet, in the cabinet, or in a wall nearby.

PS: if you hit "Reply with Quote" the post you are actually replying to will appear above your response.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    You mi a wire already under the cabinet, in the cabinet, or in a wall nearby.

PS: if you hit "Reply with Quote" the post you are actually replying to will appear above your response.
    Ah, I think I got it right now David. Haha!

Than