User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine XLS 23 BHE Furnace Connections

There is a smaller furnace hose on the right side that isnÂ’t connected to anything. When I first picked up my RV, I tested the furnace and noticed nothing was blowing out in the bedroom. I notified the service department and they told me they found it disconnected and had hooked it back up. So where does this hose supposed to go to?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0FA92155-9AB0-4BF4-BC62-28D853ACA64C.jpeg   CF2D9263-9873-4C45-82C0-924285948032.jpeg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention its a 2022

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olskool68 View Post
    There is a smaller furnace hose on the right side that isnÂ’t connected to anything. When I first picked up my RV, I tested the furnace and noticed nothing was blowing out in the bedroom. I notified the service department and they told me they found it disconnected and had hooked it back up. So where does this hose supposed to go to?
    If I had to guess (and this is all just a guess since I don't have your particular model) is that vent goes to the "heated underbelly" since it looks like it's going through the floor. Also, the larger flex duct looks like it has its airflow restricted by the cross member; you might want to try to reroute it.

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forum and to the Grand Design family!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It heats the underside of the trailer. Its supposed to keep things from freezing underneath.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you find out whether is the duct that heats the underbelly? I'm looking to do something to heat my MLS 17MKE electrically and am thinking something in-line with the furnace...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdmillennium View Post
    Did you find out whether is the duct that heats the underbelly? I'm looking to do something to heat my MLS 17MKE electrically and am thinking something in-line with the furnace...
    It was confirmed to be for the underbelly. If we can get away with it, we’re going to use shore power and a portable heater when needing to warm up. My daughter sleeps in the bottom bunk and when that heater runs, it reverberates something fierce! Creates an echo chamber which some might find soothing

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXDale View Post
    Are you sure your 2" connection only goes to the underbelly? We have a 2019 23bhe and that slim one actually goes down, asking the passenger side frame rail all the way to the front bedroom and then to again to the outlet in the bedroom... Which is the main reason why it's never really getting warm in there. The underbelly in ours has a dedicated 4" in parallel that's ends after 2 or 3 feet inside the underbelly.
    I agree with you. While not the same model, both of our recent trailers have a duct that runs from the furnace, under the floor and up to the bedroom. By the time it reaches the bedroom there isn't much air flowing out, but it's there. Then ours also had a separate duct in the belly near the furnace.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I agree with you. While not the same model, both of our recent trailers have a duct that runs from the furnace, under the floor and up to the bedroom. By the time it reaches the bedroom there isn't much air flowing out, but it's there. Then ours also had a separate duct in the belly near the furnace.
    Initially there was an issue with no air flow to the bedroom. That’s what prompted the investigation. Afterwards we had plenty of heat coming from the vent in the bedroom. So that issue is solved. As for the hose for the underbelly, maybe it’s just a short hose when they should’ve put a longer one to reach further into the cavity. Not sure. But the heat in the main cabin is good to go now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really interesting. Airflow to the bedroom in ours still stinks, even after some mods I made. I taped up all the outlets at the furnace with foil tape to ensure there's no leaks. Then I opened the underbelly and wrapped a lot foil bubble wrap around the 2" to the bedroom as far as I could, from where it enters the underbelly next to the furnace up to in front of the first axle. It increased the outlet temp a little bit, but combined with the low airflow it's still by far not enough to keep the bedroom at acceptable temperatures in the spring and fall. And I'm not talking about real winter camping, we hardly ever see a night below 5F when we're camping. We now have a space heater with a thermostat control with us that we put in front of the kitchen, pointing through the open bedroom door. Pretty frustrating...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXDale View Post
    That's really interesting. Airflow to the bedroom in ours still stinks, even after some mods I made. I taped up all the outlets at the furnace with foil tape to ensure there's no leaks. Then I opened the underbelly and wrapped a lot foil bubble wrap around the 2" to the bedroom as far as I could, from where it enters the underbelly next to the furnace up to in front of the first axle. It increased the outlet temp a little bit, but combined with the low airflow it's still by far not enough to keep the bedroom at acceptable temperatures in the spring and fall. And I'm not talking about real winter camping, we hardly ever see a night below 5F when we're camping. We now have a space heater with a thermostat control with us that we put in front of the kitchen, pointing through the open bedroom door. Pretty frustrating...
    I don't think the flexible vent hose they use helps the situation much. That's why many codes don't allow homes to have a flexible dryer vent hose - too restrictive. The smooth metal ducts would probably help a lot, but not sure with the small size and distance between furnace and bedroom; certainly wouldn't hurt.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast