Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best route to Goshen IN for 2023 GD National rally - from Florida

2023 GD National Rally in Goshen IN.

We're newbies traveling outside of Florida and South Georgia. Is there anyone from Florida (Jacksonville or traveling I-75) that could provide suggestions on the best route. What are the best RV parks to stay at (High Falls RV in GA is our first stop)?

Currently, I have routed I-75 to Atlanta GA (using GR-16 to I-85 to I-285 to bypass downtown) to Chattanooga TN to Nashville TN. What I'm hearing is the condition of I-65 from Nashville to Indy is poor. I'm wondering if that was true and what is the suggested detour? I was looking at I-24 out of Nashville to I-69. Is I-75 a better route (concerned about the grade)?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, we just came down through Nashville to Chattanooga a couple weeks ago, and the traffic was horrendous in Nashville, and even worse in Chattanooga. We were headed south, so it might not be as bad going north, but where I-59 connected to I-24 it was basically a couple miles long traffic jam. Stop-and-go with emphasis on the "Stop". We bypassed Atlanta altogether due to the horror stories about the traffic.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S