User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Jim---totally resonate with your comments on the air bags after having both. No comparison. I've been thinking of adding a rear sway bar to my new truck. They seem to be pricey but well liked by those that have them. Any recommendations on brands or features to look for?

Dave
    I went with the AirLift brand 5000 Ultimate Plus kit with onboard dual path compressor. Pricey it is! But, it had everything I needed to install on my F150, plus braided steel lines for road debris protection. The Ultimate kit includes bags with internal jounces so that if you ever bottom out or lose air, it will not completely decompress the airbag and work as a OEM jounce. As for the aftermarket anti sway bar, I went with a Hellwig adjustable anti sway bar.

Dual path airbags, rear sway bar, plus running 10ply LT tires on my truck, made a HUGE difference pulling my 10k 5er and 8k carhauler/Jeep trailers. No more truck rut drift or wind shear drift when being passed by Semis, and also better pulling performance thru windy states like KS, SD, etc. I've ordered a '23 F250 and plan to add the same upgrades to it when it gets here. On the carhauler I do still use a Equal-i-zer receiver hitch as well -which by itself helps HUGELY too, but, its much easier leveling the truck with airbags in order to place on the stabilizer bars when connecting.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hitch weight of the 2400BH roughly 505 lbs
    ------------------------------------------------
    2022 Imagine 2400BH
    Equal-i-zer hitch
    2021 Silverado 1500 Custom 4x4 2.7L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone heard of or use RoadActive Suspension Custom Leaf Spring Enhancement Kit - Heavy Duty for their trucks? Pro's or Con's
    ------------------------------------------------
    2022 Imagine 2400BH
    Equal-i-zer hitch
    2021 Silverado 1500 Custom 4x4 2.7L

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best remady for 2021 silverado 4x4 crew cab custom rear sag

Jim---totally resonate with your comments on the air bags after having both. No comparison. I've been thinking of adding a rear sway bar to my new truck. They seem to be pricey but well liked by those that have them. Any recommendations on brands or features to look for?

Dave
    Not sure of the particulars of the installs, but the Timbrins or Sumo Springs should NOT hit anything unloaded. Mine do not touch unloaded or hitting simple driveway or speed bumps.

I am glad you are happy with your air bags, for me just too much to keep them going, although air bags have totally increased in reliability these days.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Not sure of the particulars of the installs, but the Timbrins or Sumo Springs should NOT hit anything unloaded. Mine do not touch unloaded or hitting simple driveway or speed bumps.

I am glad you are happy with your air bags, for me just too much to keep them going, although air bags have totally increased in reliability these days.

Bill
    Hi Bill...yeah I don't remember them hitting when unloaded. I used them for a bit when I had my 40' Montana and the tongue weight was like 2500 lbs. Once I had that weight on there, I just didn't like the feel when I was on the highway and went over the uneven surfaces. They were much better than not having anything but when I went to the bags, I could soften and cushion that ride much more with the air control than I could with the Timbrens. I'm sure it's personal preference. My wife was actually the one that noticed it too and said---wow this truck rides nicer. What did you do? I figured if she noticed...I hit the bullseye.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csternfels View Post
    Anyone heard of or use RoadActive Suspension Custom Leaf Spring Enhancement Kit - Heavy Duty for their trucks? Pro's or Con's
    I saw that in my Camping magazine last week and was wondering about it myself. I'd love to hear if others on this forum are using it too.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post

Bill
    Absolutely agree with the unloaded situation using Timbrens, my truck drove like OEM whith them installed.

Its was when "loaded" that I had experienced harshness (bumping against the axle) going over uneven/bumpy roads, railroad tracks, potholes, or even some windy conditions etc. Plus the non levelness of the truck suspension when loaded was also an issue of how the truck performed (braking, tracking, and wind resistance with a slightly higher frontend) while towing. Keeping the level equal front to rear (and also keeping the trailer leveled too), made for a much superb ride and vehicle control when towing IMO... and most importantly the DWs! LOL
    Last edited by trailrydr; 12-21-2022 at 10:55 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bill...yeah I don't remember them hitting when unloaded. I used them for a bit when I had my 40' Montana and the tongue weight was like 2500 lbs. Once I had that weight on there, I just didn't like the feel when I was on the highway and went over the uneven surfaces. They were much better than not having anything but when I went to the bags, I could soften and cushion that ride much more with the air control than I could with the Timbrens. I'm sure it's personal preference. My wife was actually the one that noticed it too and said---wow this truck rides nicer. What did you do? I figured if she noticed...I hit the bullseye.
    Thanks for the clarification, you are 100% correct on the adjustability of the air bags and gold star [emoji93] for the wife noticing it’s better!

Thanks
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csternfels View Post
    The hitch weight of the 2400BH roughly 505 lbs
    You are closer to 700lbs with full propane tanks and battery installed.

What weight bars are with your Equalizer hitch?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1200 hitch weight to 12000 lbs trailer weight

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast