User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csternfels View Post
    Good morning everyone,
    I'm curious about what is one of the better solutions to prevent rear end sag when towing with Silverado 1500. My hitch weight is about 550 lbs, which is well below the recommend amount. I have had the suspension checked and everything is working as should. I'm just not happy and have general concerns about it. Does anyone have a recommendation to help the sag, with out breaking the bank.
    Thank you,
    Chris

In another post you say you will be picking it up this Saturday. Have you towed it yet?
    My 2400bh is just under 900 pounds on the tongue btw
    My Sierra of course sags but after I engage my weight distribution it levels back out
    What hitch are you using?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put air bags on my dually. It oesn't really need them. I put them on with a dual path bluetooth compressor so I can adjust the height of the truck and trailer to make it possible to get in/out of some boondocking sites without using a shovel.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1200 hitch weight to 12000 lbs trailer weight
    OK, so the bars are actually over rated.

You should be able to get the pitch set on the hitch to actually use that rating. There should be no reason that the rear sags with 1200 lb bars.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Not sure of the particulars of the installs, but the Timbrins or Sumo Springs should NOT hit anything unloaded. Mine do not touch unloaded or hitting simple driveway or speed bumps.

I am glad you are happy with your air bags, for me just too much to keep them going, although air bags have totally increased in reliability these days.

Bill
    I added the Timbren SES and noticed the ride was more rough when uploaded. I do have the F150 2.7EB which apparently has a softer rear-end which might explain why the SES come into play when unloaded. However, yyey made a big difference when loaded.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone heard of or use RoadActive Suspension Custom Leaf Spring Enhancement Kit - Heavy Duty for their trucks? Pro's or Con's
    I came real close to ordering the RAS. It was a toss up between the RAS and SES. I ended up getting a good deal on the SES.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a lighter rig but use air bags to help with the ride quality. No onboard compressor. I use a Makita cordless tire inflation device.

I used the bags for my work and I installed them a couple of years before we purchased the trailer. I use the "Ride Control" model which works well when loaded and doesn't jar your teeth when not. This setup would be the least expensive option aka not "breaking the bank".
    Last edited by Capt Bob; 12-23-2022 at 07:53 AM.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree you should go thru the whole setup procedure of your WDH. This includes measuring the body height during the set up procedure. It took me at least 3 adjustments to get it set up correctly.
    As you can see we have a similar trucks and the 2450RL is slightly heavier, my typical tongue weight is generally around 1000# give or take 50#.
    Once I tuned mine in typically the wheel arch heights are within 1/4" of no load meaning the weight of the trailer is transferring to truck correctly.
    Out of curiosity when towing are you getting a lot of sway?
    I also use sway control and essentially have no problems.
    My biggest problem is I max out my truck's payload quickly. Once you are in the ballpark get to a set to the truck scales and check all your weights.
    Hopefully this helps.
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    I went with the AirLift brand 5000 Ultimate Plus kit with onboard dual path compressor. Pricey it is! But, it had everything I needed to install on my F150, plus braided steel lines for road debris protection. The Ultimate kit includes bags with internal jounces so that if you ever bottom out or lose air, it will not completely decompress the airbag and work as a OEM jounce. As for the aftermarket anti sway bar, I went with a Hellwig adjustable anti sway bar.

Dual path airbags, rear sway bar, plus running 10ply LT tires on my truck, made a HUGE difference pulling my 10k 5er and 8k carhauler/Jeep trailers. No more truck rut drift or wind shear drift when being passed by Semis, and also better pulling performance thru windy states like KS, SD, etc. I've ordered a '23 F250 and plan to add the same upgrades to it when it gets here. On the carhauler I do still use a Equal-i-zer receiver hitch as well -which by itself helps HUGELY too, but, its much easier leveling the truck with airbags in order to place on the stabilizer bars when connecting.
    I went with the Airlift 5000, no onboard compressor. I carry a Dewalt 20V compressor and adjust as required.
    I've been very happy with them as I can return to stock ride by deflating to 10PSI.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone heard of or use RoadActive Suspension Custom Leaf Spring Enhancement Kit - Heavy Duty for their trucks? Pro's or Con's
    I have the non heavy duty version on my 2016 Denali 1500 and they're awesome. They did add a little more height to the truck unloaded, but they're just right with the trailer attached. I went from Arizona to NE Wisconsin and back this summer and only felt the overload leaf springs engage a handfull of times. On paper, I probably should have considered the heavy duty version, but for my use, the standards were perfect. I didn't want something that would make my truck feel like a lumber wagon when driving empty or towing my ski boat.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I added the Timbren SES and noticed the ride was more rough when uploaded. I do have the F150 2.7EB which apparently has a softer rear-end which might explain why the SES come into play when unloaded. However, yyey made a big difference when loaded.
    I guess with the 1 ton ride already there, didn’t notice anything. I could easily see this on a 1/2 ton suspension.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast