User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2600 rb replace A/C

Hello to everyone, and we have a question. We need to replace our Dometic 13.5 A/C unit. We would love to upgrade to a 15.0. Is this possible? Also I heard that Coleman makes a great A/C unit now and that is A/C of choice. What are your thoughts? Of course we don't want to get in over our heads and have reduct etc. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Kathy and Tom
    North Ga.
    North Ga Couple
    Dodge Ram 1500
    GD 2600 rb
    one dog, Sadie

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by North Ga Couple View Post
    Hello to everyone, and we have a question. We need to replace our Dometic 13.5 A/C unit. We would love to upgrade to a 15.0. Is this possible? Also I heard that Coleman makes a great A/C unit now and that is A/C of choice. What are your thoughts? Of course we don't want to get in over our heads and have reduct etc. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Kathy and Tom
    North Ga.
    Have you reached out to GD customer support? I'm pretty sure you'd have to update quite a bit to handle the larger A/C unit. On the other hand, it is quite possible that one of the Colemans would be a drop-in replacement. We have the Coleman and it has worked well for us.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of thoughts. First I can't believe GD would only put a 13.5 BTU A/C in a 2600 rb! Maybe supply constraints?
    Second, how about warranty? Or, insurance if it is damaged?

I like the Colemans, they seem to last. I think the cutout on the roof is 14x14 and is standard. You have to have the outside Coleman A/C unit and a separate compatable Coleman inside part designed for a ducted a/c, and then the Coleman thermostat to make it easier to hookup.

I'm with Soundsailor, call Grand Design customer support and talk to them about it.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, your Imagine should have 15k btu a/c on it already.

I would assume since you say it has a Dometic, it is an older model year, as they have been using Furrion for a few years.

You should be able to put anything you want on there.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS