Quote Originally Posted by NDIrishLacrosse View Post
Lots of misinformation and guesses in this page. First question to the OP... is this a Furrion or Dometic unit? Given that they are referencing a 2022 Imagine, my money is on a Furrion, depending on what month they took delivery.

If so, GD no longer sends a temperature sensor relocation kit. What they do send is a new board and thermostat for the main AC unit (if you have two units). This started around July 2022. The purpose of it is to replace the heat only sensor for the Furrion units. When they were originally released, there were several reports of units sending heat out and it would not shut off because the sensor in the vents was not activated. This caused issues with people who left their pets behind. The immediate compromise was to activate the AC fans so air would pass over the sensor and show an "actual" room temperature. The replacements fix this issue where the heat sensor is located at the thermostat. The AC sensor, however, is not in this replacement.

It seems the OP got an Imagine when it was in between productions for the replacement board and controller. GD's answer was to run the fan automatically so the heat does not continuously run. This would stop the temperature issue. The OP should also see if they are running the dehumidifier setting. This would run the fan so the heat passes over the AC coils to dehumidify it.

Now, for the air conditioning: Furrion intended for their AC temperature sensors to be in the return and the unit should have the fan run all the time so the room temperature passes over it. People who do not run the fan constantly have found issues with their AC. This was mostly after Furrion produced these units and they were in the Imagines in the beginning of 2022's models. Furrion had the most availability for parts so GD switched. Some have had improvement with pulling the sensor thru the filter but one must be careful that the cover is not on backwards and air is being pushed to it (as was the case with mine).

Is this a good design? Likely not. But it is operating as intended.
Nope, think you're wrong. Just kidding. But it could also be a GE like my 2022 Imagine. In any event, there is no situation in my 30 years where the AC fans run at the same time as the furnace without an option to turn it off. If there truly is no "auto" setting for the fan as the OP states, then I say it is a repair issue of some sort. It would make no logical sense from a design standpoint to have the AC fans blowing when the thermostat is set to furnace heat. Since his unit doesn't have a heat pump, that shouldn't create a conflict, unless of course there is a problem with the way his system was installed where perhaps it believes there is a heat pump which is turning the fans on while set to heat - which in his case should only run the furnace. Anyway, we may never know until he brings the unit it for service or figures it out on his own. It sure would be fun to see what the final result is after all of us speculating without many details on the specific unit or anything. Haha!