User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Not sure, but I know for a fact that my TST system that I had prior did this to save batteries in the sensors while sitting still.
    If that is the case, then, either way, you look at it, some of the sensors are broken. I've never seen more than two sensors not registering. Mostly it is only one and many times, it is not the same one.

I might take a look to see if the valve stem position makes a difference.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    If that is the case, then, either way, you look at it, some of the sensors are broken. I've never seen more than two sensors not registering. Mostly it is only one and many times, it is not the same one.

I might take a look to see if the valve stem position makes a difference.

-B
    Mine has done the same since the beginning. I had taken all four sensor off for the winter to try and save the batteries in cold weather. Put them back on Thursday after I discovered and filled the flat tire. Fired up the app and left front wouldn't sync. Raised the nose to hitch height to work on batteries, checked again, and all four read fine. Usually, I'll have one or two missing after an overnight and not the same ones each time as you mention. Sat morning, LF was no longer reading again even though last time stamp was the time I started the Compass Connect app on the phone.

I don't know if yours has the alert indicator, but I wonder if that has an impact on receiver function since I leave that in my truck and it's not always connected to the repeater. The alert indicator goes into a sleep mode after 10 seconds.

I did find this in my documentation:
    "Stem Sensors take time to wake from deep sleep"

Also this on Etrailer blog FWIW but interesting since I do regularly close the app to conserve battery on the phone:
    "As for turning off the repeater and sensors, all you have to do is close the app and after twenty minutes without use the sensors and repeater will go into sleep mode to preserve battery life."
    Last edited by ajg617; 12-31-2022 at 08:38 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Not sure, but I know for a fact that my TST system that I had prior did this to save batteries in the sensors while sitting still.

Most times, I don't use the Tire Linc, but use a good pressure gauge for pre-trip.
    I don't know which TST system you had but AFAIK, they don't do that. According to TST, as long as there is pressure the sensors will transmit. Taking the sensor off the tire shuts them off. That's why you can get sensor readings when the vehicle isn't moving.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been parked for 2 weeks. No sensors reading. Took them off and re paired. All 4 working now. Hmm.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else have sensors leak after a couple of months? Two of four have failed and the leak appears to be between the brass female schrader casting and the surrounding plastic. Soap bubbles from there and out the seam between the two halves. O-ring change doesn't help. Seems like a high failure rate.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were on the road for 5 hours and the sensors worked flawlessly. The next day, 3 of the 4 show no reading.

I do not want to have to move the RV just to get a tire pressure reading. I would like to know if I am low while I am still connected to power so I can take care of any tires that are low.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No leaks after 2 years and 19,000 miles. Always work while on the road. Like others, loose signal when parked. Sometimes in a few hours and sometimes they work for days while parked. To re-pair you have to remove them and put em back on. This, so far, gets them back on line but is annoying in that it takes time and you loose a bit of air in the process.

For me, I’m not ready to change them out as they do the job more or less. But I did pack a second Bulletpoint mount in my toolbox in case I end up with a new system that has a screen to mount on the dash.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    No leaks after 2 years and 19,000 miles.

But I did pack a second Bulletpoint mount in my toolbox in case I end up with a new system that has a screen to mount on the dash.
    Two leakers leading to one flat and two almost flats only because they didn't lose sync and I happened to check while parked for the winter. I have a nice Bulletpoint mount waiting and installed if Lippert can't send some that don't leak. I can handle the losing sync but not losing air.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    This season my factory installed Tire Linc system has decided to not work when the rv is not moving. I used to be able to check pressure while in the campsite. But this season, one, two, and sometimes all 4 tires have no signal while stationary. But when I hitch up and roll they all work fine.

Kind of annoying. Any ideas?
    I never even hooked up my TireLink system; I don’t like the way it operates and requires a phone app to actually read pressures. I got a TST TPMS and installed it. Easy installation, and has a monitor that shows pressures and temperatures.
    I put the receiver on the windshield mount next to the rear view mirror and can check pressures and temps at a glance. If I have a pressure loss or high temperature, it immediately alarms and shows me which tire is off.
    For me, the TST system is easier to use and gives me the info I need at a glance.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talked to Lippert Support this afternoon. They are sending me two new sensors but wanted the serial number off the repeater when I told them that some of the sensors lose sync over night and underway. New version of the repeater coming as well.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast