User Tag List

Thread: Mobile rv Techs

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobile rv Techs

I understand Grand Design has a list of approved Mobile techs for all locations. I have looked on this site but can't find it, help please. I need my bathroom skylight replaced, Grand Design was super and sent me a new one, but I need someone to replace it for me. (I am in Tucson AZ.) Thanks
    U.S. Air Force Retired
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2008 F250 4x4
    First 5th Wheel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by az rotor wing View Post
    I understand Grand Design has a list of approved Mobile techs for all locations. I have looked on this site but can't find it, help please. I need my bathroom skylight replaced, Grand Design was super and sent me a new one, but I need someone to replace it for me. (I am in Tucson AZ.) Thanks
    This is the first time I have read of this. I basically gave up on the mobil tech path. Nobody wanted to do it.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by az rotor wing View Post
    I don’t think there is a “list”, they just have to get preauthorization from GD.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen such a list on the GD website but they will cover the cost if covered under warranty. You just need to get it pre-approval first. They might not cover the mobile techs travel cost. They did in my case, maybe because it was minimal. Here's a good list for mobile techs. https://rvservicereviews.com/RVServi...hAcquired=true
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to the link provided by @Ynot4me2, I found our most recent mobile tech by doing a search in Google Maps. We stay longer periods of time in two places (used to be three until we moved our health care providers): Las Cruces, NM, and Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. We have an excellent mobile tech we use in Las Cruces (though he's threatening to retire!). There have never been good options in the Baltimore/Aberdeen area - only some dealers and fixed service businesses. Last month I needed a tech and searched "mobile RV repair near me" on Google Maps. Since the last time we were here, a certified tech has moved to the area and started doing business here. He is certified through three different organizations and has lots of pertinent experience. I watched him perform the work and couldn't be more satisfied. So - try Google Maps and see what you come up with.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another way to find an RV tech is to go to the web page of your RV components and look for Factory Authorized Service Center. I found one in Dade City Fl who is certified for several of the component manufacturers. Long story short: I called for an AC problem, under warranty, they came out, diagnosed, got replacement unit, came back out, and installed it. All it took from me was a phone call to get them out the first time and a signature when they were done.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, great information. I will do a Google search and see what or who is available.
    U.S. Air Force Retired
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2008 F250 4x4
    First 5th Wheel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had good luck with this site, https://rvtaa.org/locate/. I got it from a technician working on a rig wear we were camping last year.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbandtbone View Post
    I've had good luck with this site, https://rvtaa.org/locate/. I got it from a technician working on a rig wear we were camping last year.
    THANK YOU! We saved this link that you so kindly shared.
    Happy New Year, Happy Safe Travels and Good Health!
    Ken and Sheri Mandell
    2019 381M Toyhauler