User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We decided to go the ebike route as well. Then came the question of where to carry them. I contacted GD to ask about the support that might be built into the hitch receiver and was referred to Lippert, as the receiver was installed when the frame was built. The rep asked me for the frame serial number, which I was able to get from the frame tag. He said that the receiver is actually rated to 350# on our 303. He said that, with two ebikes at 60# each and a bike carrier at another 60#, we are just under 50% of the rated capacity and should not ever have a problem.

I went with the Swagman RV/Ebike rated hitch, which is quite substantial. I also got an all-weather cover so that it’s not obvious that they are ebikes. Lastly, I got two extremely heavy-duty chain locks (cables can be cut way too easily). I say lastly, because I looked into insurance and the quote was about half of the value of the bikes for one year. In PA, I was told that they can’t be added as a rider on the home policy, and that they will be considered as “vehicles” on the policy. I’m hoping that, with the cover to keep them out of sight and the substantial chain locks (which I will be able to secure directly to the under-frame of the trailer), we don’t have any issues.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    We decided to go the ebike route as well. Then came the question of where to carry them. I contacted GD to ask about the support that might be built into the hitch receiver and was referred to Lippert, as the receiver was installed when the frame was built. The rep asked me for the frame serial number, which I was able to get from the frame tag. He said that the receiver is actually rated to 350# on our 303. He said that, with two ebikes at 60# each and a bike carrier at another 60#, we are just under 50% of the rated capacity and should not ever have a problem.

I went with the Swagman RV/Ebike rated hitch, which is quite substantial. I also got an all-weather cover so that it’s not obvious that they are ebikes. Lastly, I got two extremely heavy-duty chain locks (cables can be cut way too easily). I say lastly, because I looked into insurance and the quote was about half of the value of the bikes for one year. In PA, I was told that they can’t be added as a rider on the home policy, and that they will be considered as “vehicles” on the policy. I’m hoping that, with the cover to keep them out of sight and the substantial chain locks (which I will be able to secure directly to the under-frame of the trailer), we don’t have any issues.
    Sounds like you are with a carrier that has an eBike insurance program. Otherwise, you should have been able to get a personal articles policy on them. This was how I had to go to get sufficient coverage on my backhoe-loader and Gator. I know our one provider has eBike policies they advertise for $100/yr. Did you shop around at all? Curious more than anything. Recently watched a news story with security video of thieves running around with 24VDC loppers that shear right through 1/2" cable and links effortlessly and quietly!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Progressive insurance on my vehicles, RV and house. Flo (Progressive) would not
    Cover the eBikes. Had to purchase a separate policy. Used a company called “Simple Bike Insurance”.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123