Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toilet

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toilet

Greetings. My toilet clogged. Looked down the hole and (rv supplied) paper was wadded. This seems like a design issue because I fished out what I could and pushed some down. Does the pipe have an angle or drop straight down? Can’t find any schematic on the internet. Any suggestions so this doesn’t happen in the future. Also clean water is leaking at the base around the toilet. Any info will help. Thanks in advance.
    Grand Design Transcend Xplor 260rb.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you leave the Black Tank drain open? Maybe a bucket of water poured directly down the toilet will loosen things up.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with HF. Don’t leave the drain valve open and flush with plenty of water and not much paper. Another tip is to let it fill before dumping. When on the road and dumping consecutive days I put two or three bowls of water in for every flush so I get a good whoosh when dumping. There are plenty of opinions on tank treatment chemicals. I have had good experience with a liquid produce called “digest” by “unique”

One time I pulled the dump valve and nothing came out. This after hosting young granddaughters for several days. I tried to teach them to use lots of water but, well.

I closed the valterra valve that I added to the dump connection and opened the grey tank valve. Then opened the black tank valve. Thinking that the grey water would dislodge any obstacles in the black tank exit. It worked. Yesss.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toilet

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1391 View Post
    Greetings. My toilet clogged. Looked down the hole and (rv supplied) paper was wadded. This seems like a design issue because I fished out what I could and pushed some down. Does the pipe have an angle or drop straight down? Can’t find any schematic on the internet. Any suggestions so this doesn’t happen in the future. Also clean water is leaking at the base around the toilet. Any info will help. Thanks in advance.
    Grand Design Transcend Xplor 260rb.
    Good Morning,

You don’t want to Leave the black tank valve open for any extended time and here’s why.

With that valve open the liquid waste will drain but the solids won’t and you end up with what is called the “Poo Pyramid”. The name is self evident of the condition. Only have that black tank valve open when actually draining the tank.

To prevent this in the future, use lots of water when flushing.

To clean what you have now is a tough deal depending on how big the pyramid is.

Using a “Wand” directly through the toilet opening may help break it down.

Use of the “Geo” method is a popular technique used to keep the tank clean and odor free.

It is a mix of either Calgon water softener or borax and liquid soap such as dawn or others.

Here are a couple of links for the Geo method:
    https://rvlifestyle.com/best-homemad...ank-treatment/

The above link has other links in it that is very informative.

You can also use a commercial product called “Happy Camper” which can be purchased at many retail rv type stores and online including Amazon. One thing to keep in mind is that it f you live in California, you will not be able to buy or have Happy Camper product delivered to you.

Happy Camper
    https://a.co/d/g2lvyUU

Good Lick
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the help. I didn’t mention that I’m dry camping and the valve is closed. Do you know if my toilet is straight drop or has a curve? I can’t find a diagram on the internet and the owners manual doesn’t say. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the help. I didn’t mention that I’m dry camping and the valve is closed. Do you know if my toilet is straight drop or has a curve? I can’t find a diagram on the internet and the owners manual doesn’t say. Thanks again.
    Most of the time it is a straight shot or a gentle curve. Can’t be much more than a gentle curve. Most black tanks are pretty much directly below the toilet.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can determine that by just using a flashlight to look down the toilet drain. You will either see a curve or you will look straight into the tank.

Straight or curved, assuming your black tank is not full, and assuming there is not a blockage in the ABS drain pipe, the paper should not build up. Are you filling the bowl with enough water when you flush it?

Are you still seeing the clean water around the base of the toilet after clearing the paper, and does it only occur on flushing?
    Last edited by dryfly; 12-26-2022 at 11:53 AM.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes a little but I am going to monitor if there is a leak while the pump pressure is on or if it still leaks when it is off. It’s only around the base and it’s not sewage/black waste. I see the water line in, then another water line to the pedal. Is there another water line inside the chute that could be leaking?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What brand toilet is it?
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thetford Aqua Magic Style ll. I see the vacuum breaker on the diagram but not sure what one of the the two hoses connects to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast