User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toilet

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the toilet is leaking from the base, the floor flange seal most likely needs replacement. If the leak is coming from behind the toilet unit, check the ½” sealing grommet or vacuum breaker. If the leak starts from under the foot pedal, check the ½” water line connection or water valve.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1391 View Post
    Yes a little but I am going to monitor if there is a leak while the pump pressure is on or if it still leaks when it is off. It’s only around the base and it’s not sewage/black waste. I see the water line in, then another water line to the pedal. Is there another water line inside the chute that could be leaking?
    We noticed some seepage around the base of our toilet too (same model). We actually pulled our toilet out assuming we needed a new seal. While we had it out, we set it in the yard and did some troubleshooting and discovered there was almost no plumber's putty sealing the spot where the sprayer is mounted in the bowl.

We discovered that water leached out around the sprayer inside the bowl because I like to super fill the bowl and then flush when I'm cleaning. By letting the water get so high it would seep out around the back of the sprayer and trickle down the interior of the toilet and leak out around the base.

Hubby added the putty to better seal the backside of the sprayer and it hasn't leaked since. . . .and I'm being good and not filling quite so high when I'm cleaning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best money I ever spent was putting a bidet seat on my toilet. Water wash the booty, dry with paper and put the paper in a trash can that gets emptied daily. We never put paper in our tanks, RV or otherwise and never have the issue. Highly recommend a bidet. Never leave the blank tank open. The water drains out and you end up with the proverbial poo pyramid that gets hard as a rock and then you've really got a problem.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings. My toilet clogged. Looked down the hole and (rv supplied) paper was wadded. This seems like a design issue because I fished out what I could and pushed some down. Does the pipe have an angle or drop straight down? Can’t find any schematic on the internet. Any suggestions so this doesn’t happen in the future. Also clean water is leaking at the base around the toilet. Any info will help. Thanks in advance.
    Grand Design Transcend Xplor 260rb.
    As others mention, always leave the black tank closed when hooked up to sewer. I leave all tanks closed until dumping. You mention you were dry camping, so the tank was closed. Maybe the tank was too dry when you started using it. I use the geo method. 1/2 cup of 20 mule team Borax, a couple of good squeeze's of dawn dish soap and a few ounces of odor control tank treatment. I also do a double dump of the black tank. After the 1st, I close and run the tank sprayer for 5 minutes to fill the black tank with water, then dump again. This really cleans the tank. ALWAYS set a timer when doing this. You don't want to get distracted when filling your black tank for obvious reasons! After the second dump, I close the valve and run water for 1 minute only with the tank sprayer. This puts a portion of water into your black tank, so that it is not used dry after dumping. Very important to do this step! Also always use a toilet paper that will break down well. We use charmin that is rated for septic tank systems. Testing break down of tissue and using what works is advised. Some so called "RV" toilet paper is much worse then some common brands. I can go 5 to 7 days using the black tank. I have never had an issue.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you because I used the flush with black open because of pressure so I was nervous about pressure in pipes. I did run it for about 5 min. looking for a wad to come out but didn’t see it. Maybe could have been flushed longer.
    Thank you for the information.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you because I used the flush with black open because of pressure so I was nervous about pressure in pipes. I did run it for about 5 min. looking for a wad to come out but didn’t see it. Maybe could have been flushed longer.
    Thank you for the information.
    @Gabriel1391 -

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) If you choose to get a paid membership (nominal cost and well worth it), you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12