User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okanoganjim View Post
    Thought I would follow up with my progress and experience so far.
    I have installed 2 - Renogy 12V 100Ah Smart Lithium Iron Phosphate V3 Batteries. Dropped them in where the original batteries were. I added the Renogy BT-2 Blue Tooth monitor so I can see what is going on. When I first looked my SOC was 71%. This was during the day and the sun was out. Then next morning I looked again and my SOC was down to 64%. This started me wondering what was going on. I am in an RV park hooked to shore power. Going to be here for a couple months. In the evening we run lights, TV, Heat Pump and our 12v refrigerator. So the refrigerator and lights are drawing down the batteries even while we are plugged into shore power? Then the stock charge controller is maintaining the battery at around 64% SOC ? Today I noticed the SOC is climbing slowly now at 66%, but its cloudy our and my panels are not in a very good position. Thinking I may go ahead and order/install a PD9160ALV and see how that changes the picture. Good plan?
    Have you checked the fuses on the converter, or made sure it was still plugged in, or breaker wasn't tripped? Sounds like you're only getting a charge from the solar portion of your system. If you have a volt meter you can see what's going on. On a side note, I know with the Victron battery monitor, it says to have the battery fully charged before installation to ensure it is reporting accurately, is it the same with the Renogy?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Renogy is a bit different with their "Smart" batteries. Each one has two RJ45 communication ports. They give you this dongle switch were you are suppose to plug in and click, taking the battery from "Shelf Mode" to active. On mine both batteries were already in active mode when I got them, shipped direct from Renogy. I did not see in the instructions where it mentions having them fully charged before hooking up the BT monitor. I don't yet have a way to fully charge them anyway. As for the breakers and fuse, I don't think that is the problem but will give it a look. New charge controller will be here in a few days.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the PD9160ALV yesterday. Batteries now at 99.7 SOC. Very pleased.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the Ampere Time on Amazon- Again no low temp charge protection.

I have wrapped the batteries in holding tank warmers in an insulated cabinet. Here in TN we had a full week of 8 degrees the batteries stayed at no less than 55.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNihilo View Post
    I did the Ampere Time on Amazon- Again no low temp charge protection.

I have wrapped the batteries in holding tank warmers in an insulated cabinet. Here in TN we had a full week of 8 degrees the batteries stayed at no less than 55.
    That is nice to know. I also did the Amperetime. I plan to use the Victron to monitor low temp and cut charging from both solar and the inverter. Also plan to use tank heaters to keep them warm.

Thanks,
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345