User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LiFePo4 battery recommendations

Happy day after Christmas. Hoping some will share their experiences with lower cost LiFePo4 batteries. We are on the road this winter and getting tired of our wet batteries running out over night while dry camping. I know Battle Born are the best and my heart says Yes, but my wallet has other ideas. Looking for owners with good luck with lower cost options. Thank you all.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...hlight=lithium

Try here. The search function has lots of lithium info.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okanoganjim View Post
    Happy day after Christmas. Hoping some will share their experiences with lower cost LiFePo4 batteries. We are on the road this winter and getting tired of our wet batteries running out over night while dry camping. I know Battle Born are the best and my heart says Yes, but my wallet has other ideas. Looking for owners with good luck with lower cost options. Thank you all.
    We've had good luck with Lossigy (https://smile.amazon.com/LOSSIGY-Lif.../dp/B09JWFJ1BJ). About half the cost of Battle Born, but still good performance. They don't have low temp charging protection so you'd need to consider if you need that.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been recommending people look into the "Cheap" Lithium batteries for a couple of years. If you search for "Cheap Lithium" you will find a few threads discussing them in detail.

Two weeks ago I asked the question: Cheap Lithium Batteries, Do you have them, Do you like them?

The responses have all been positive so far, here is the link:

Cheap-Lithium-Batteries-Do-You-Have-Them-Do-You-Like-Them?
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 12-26-2022 at 01:16 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased BigBattery LiPO4 models for my golf cart and RV a few years ago and love them. I'm using the OWL model in the RV now (570 aH) and am very happy with their performance. They do have charging temp protection from the BMS, are wrapped in a nice steel box, AND have their own power switch on each of the batteries. The BigBattery staff is easy to work with and knowledgeable if you have questions or need help.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Renogy has sales on right now over Xmas. You can grab the heated 12v 100ah version for half of what a Battleborn costs and get Bluetooth built in to monitor the battery BMS or integrate with other systems like RenogyOne or Victron (using Venus OS BMS plugin and the RS485/RV-C version).

I just upgraded my existing Renogy 12v 100ah to the new heated version, moving that to the trailer and the old one to my house solar setup. Absolutely love this battery, UL certification and the ability to monitor myself from a smart phone or other system is gold.

BMS is one item Battleborn is still missing along with many others (e.g. Ampere Time also has no ability to monitor the BMS).

See Will’s review here:

https://youtu.be/aahHWaV6Zdk

$499 for the non heated Bluetooth only version:
    https://www.renogy.com/12v-100ah-lit...y-w-bluetooth/

$689 for the heated RS485/RV-C comms version (you can add Bluetooth adapter if you want):
    https://www.renogy.com/12v-100ah-sma...ting-function/
    Last edited by Thorvald; 12-27-2022 at 06:59 AM.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally placed my order for DIY cells (305ah) and a JBD BMS. Going the DIY route was my initial path but then life got in the way. I started shopping for "cheap" alternative to battleborn but same quality. I was going to go with SOK but then realized that for the same price as a 200ah SOK or Amperes or... I can have a 305ah DIY. The cells should arrive in 30 days.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Renogy has sales on right now over Xmas. You can grab the heated 12v 100ah version for half of what a Battleborn costs and get Bluetooth built in to monitor the battery BMS or integrate with other systems like RenogyOne or Victron (using Venus OS BMS plugin and the RS485/RV-C version).

I just upgraded my existing Renogy 12v 100ah to the new heated version, moving that to the trailer and the old one to my house solar setup. Absolutely love this battery, UL certification and the ability to monitor myself from a smart phone or other system is gold.

BMS is one item Battleborn is still missing along with many others (e.g. Ampere Time also has no ability to monitor the BMS).

See Will’s review here:

https://youtu.be/aahHWaV6Zdk

$499 for the non heated Bluetooth only version:
    https://www.renogy.com/12v-100ah-lit...y-w-bluetooth/

$689 for the heated RS485/RV-C comms version (you can add Bluetooth adapter if you want):
    https://www.renogy.com/12v-100ah-sma...ting-function/
    Even on sale, those prices are a bit spendy, you really aren't saving much compared to Battle Borns on Sale.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too went the DIY route. Without a doubt, it's not for everyone but if you have that type of personality, it may work out for you. I went with EVE and CATL batteries with JBD BMS's. No regrets........yet.

Like too many things in life, somewhere between the cheapest and the most expensive, there is a good deal. I think the more you get to the extremes, the more likely it's going to cost you more. Sometimes, you are put in a position that you need to make a quick decision. If you have time, read up on how lithium will work for you. Look at the downfalls. Try not to go to places that just sell their products. Will Prowse seems to be able to explain how lithium works so the average idiot can grasp.

My only advice is not to buy the cheapest or the most expensive. Buy from someone that has been around longer than a few months. If you go the DIY route, be very careful with AliExpress. Make certain you have a way out when the deal goes south. There are way too many stories that show how gullible people can be.

Come back and let us know what you decided and how the transaction went. We all would like to know.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast