User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frozen Basement Hinge Pin Broke

Hi all, made the mistake of opening my basement slam door during the recent deep freeze and sadly, the plastic hinge pins sheared off. Searched the forum and GD site, and can't find anything that looks like replacements for these, or even for the entire hinge assembly. Any good ideas from the smart assemblage?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221226_195101798.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	44239
    Dave Gaines
    Kentucky Gentleman Farmer
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab
    2020 Grand Design 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KY Gentleman Farmer View Post
    Hi all, made the mistake of opening my basement slam door during the recent deep freeze and sadly, the plastic hinge pins sheared off. Searched the forum and GD site, and can't find anything that looks like replacements for these, or even for the entire hinge assembly. Any good ideas from the smart assemblage?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221226_195101798.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	44239
    Should be Lippert doors. Look on the inside of the door for a sticker with door information. Don’t be surprised if your only option is to replace the door. Talk to Lippert and or Grand Design support if you need more info about the doors.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to close the loop on this, as Always Learning suggested, it did turn out to be a Lippert door/hinge. Couldn't find my desired replacement part on their site via search, but when I called, they were able to locate what I needed based on the serial number on the door, and replaced both hinges for about $13. Good service, reasonable cost on the replacement parts.
    Dave Gaines
    Kentucky Gentleman Farmer
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab
    2020 Grand Design 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KY Gentleman Farmer View Post
    Just to close the loop on this, as Always Learning suggested, it did turn out to be a Lippert door/hinge. Couldn't find my desired replacement part on their site via search, but when I called, they were able to locate what I needed based on the serial number on the door, and replaced both hinges for about $13. Good service, reasonable cost on the replacement parts.
    Good to know the parts are available.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually