User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you use Comcast email - please read

This is a major hack of Comcast bypassing their 2FA - our credit check systems have been going nuts.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...ypass-attacks/

This is also recent as in Dec 24th was the first time we noticed any issues.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    This is a major hack of Comcast bypassing their 2FA - our credit check systems have been going nuts.

Thanks for the heads up, sounds nasty. While I have Comcast, nothing seems to be off with my account.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, sounds nasty. While I have Comcast, nothing seems to be off with my account.
    Unfortunately, you likely won't know it until you try to login and can't. I monitor the dark web which is where my email and pword were found 6 different times since the 23rd. DW hadn't gotten new email for a couple of days. It is very disconcerting that they compromised 2FA and changed folks passwords redirecting the change to another email account. Makes you wonder if they can see any new password if you change it since they are already deep into the servers apparently.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you use Comcast email - please read

Unfortunately, you likely won't know it until you try to login and can't. I monitor the dark web which is where my email and pword were found 6 different times since the 23rd. DW hadn't gotten new email for a couple of days. It is very disconcerting that they compromised 2FA and changed folks passwords redirecting the change to another email account. Makes you wonder if they can see any new password if you change it since they are already deep into the servers apparently.
    That is very disconcerting for sure.

First order of business, change password immediately to a very complex password of minimum 16 characters with as many upper and lower case letters with as many accepted special characters as possible and DON’T use a pass phrase that has any meaning to you or someone you know.

Bill

On edit: Much thanks to @aig617 for the heads up. Most companies are NOT forthcoming when it comes to access breeches and they don’t come out with it until they have no other choice. In numerous instances there are reports of companies not coming clean with that disclosure until years after the incedent when the personal damage is already done.

Be careful out there!
    Last edited by Redapple63; 12-27-2022 at 02:02 PM.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not 100% sure what you are talking about here.....does it only pertain to someone who has Comcast email......or is it everyone that has a comcast acct?
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what you are talking about here.....does it only pertain to someone who has Comcast email......or is it everyone that has a comcast acct?
    My current understanding is that this impacts Comcast/Xfinity subscribers that have email accounts or the ability to establish email accounts by virtue of on-line access to their Xfinity services. For example, I have Comcast Internet services which provides x number of email addresses not all of which I use. The email addresses seem to be the target and are being used to compromise other on-line services such as crypto exchanges, cloud storage, etc. Comcast is so far very silent on this.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My current understanding is that this impacts Comcast/Xfinity subscribers that have email accounts or the ability to establish email accounts by virtue of on-line access to their Xfinity services. For example, I have Comcast Internet services which provides x number of email addresses not all of which I use. The email addresses seem to be the target and are being used to compromise other on-line services such as crypto exchanges, cloud storage, etc. Comcast is so far very silent on this.
    Thanks for the clarification on that. No Comcast email services for me.....and I just logged into my Xfinity acct. and everything is OK......so far.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like the advancement of digital technology is resulting in the advancement of high tech crimes. I'm a stickler on protecting my privacy including digital privacy and will go to great lengths to accomplish this.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran