User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Steve---couldn't agree more with everything you said. You gotta know the use case and requirements before tire suggestions can be made. Even though my trucks are mostly on-road, we camp allot off the grid in the summer and I need the mud and snow cleats to push and pull the camper through unpaved areas. I've tried the highway tires like the LTX and such and they are just not aggressive enough for my use. I have had great luck with the Nittos that you mentioned and even tried the Duratracs too but traded my last truck off before I could track the mileage and replacement. My new GMC has the factory tires on it and they are not aggressive enough for me but I will use them up before replacing. Rotation and proper tire pressure are key to making the tires last as long as possible.... especially if you get the more aggressive ones...IMHO.

Dave
    Yeah, most of my trailering is on road and maybe a few dirt roads within campgrounds, however, I can't get in or out of my yard if it is remotely wet without more aggressive treads.

I compromise with some hybrid style treads.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner58 View Post
    What you running ?
    I have stock goodyears been good just wearing out fast .
    Only 24k and they may last another 10k be about it .
    Like a all terrain we boondock never now what you may run into.
    Looking at the K2o's kinda pricey only a 50k tire some say they don't last that long even .
    Replaced the Goodyear tires that came on the truck with Michelin Defender LTX. Instantly noticed a better ride. Good tread wear so far as reported by others.

Dutchman 2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Wileykid;461508]I currently have the Cooper Discoverer AT/3, and they are impressive for the limited off road I do, in the rain, and they have a stiffer sidewall than most of the other all terrain, which helps with a heavy load. Saying that, they are a b*tch to balance, keep in balance, and most likely the last ones for me.

I also have the Cooper Discoverer AT/3 but mine are the XLT's. I have not had any issues keeping them in balance and will probably purchase them again. So far about 15,000 miles and the wear is very even. As mentioned above, it has handled very well on and off road.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=SilentService;461533]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I currently have the Cooper Discoverer AT/3, and they are impressive for the limited off road I do, in the rain, and they have a stiffer sidewall than most of the other all terrain, which helps with a heavy load. Saying that, they are a b*tch to balance, keep in balance, and most likely the last ones for me.

I also have the Cooper Discoverer AT/3 but mine are the XLT's. I have not had any issues keeping them in balance and will probably purchase them again. So far about 15,000 miles and the wear is very even. As mentioned above, it has handled very well on and off road.
    I had AT/3 on prior truck and had no issues. So put AT/3 XLT on current truck when I bought it. Have had zero issues with them and find them quiet on road and great on wet surfaces.

I have Duratrac on my Jeep. Great tire but a little loud on the road. I don't mind the noise in my Jeep but would not want it for long road trips.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my OEM Goodyear Wrangler SRX (a great highway tire for towing, not so good in snow) with Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo3. The Bidgestone's are an all terrain tire, but, very quiet on the highway during towing (which I want). They are good in the snow and all around - I'm very pleased with them.

Mine is a daily driver being 90% asphalt, city and highway.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Yeah, most of my trailering is on road and maybe a few dirt roads within campgrounds, however, I can't get in or out of my yard if it is remotely wet without more aggressive treads.

I compromise with some hybrid style treads.
    This is exactly my problem. I’ve had two sets of Michelin LTX All-terrains. I’ve gotten 70k on each set. Superb highways tire BUT horrible on wet grass and similar surfaces. Like you, I’ve have gotten stuck badly many times in our yard. I recently got stuck in the grass without the rv. My son in law had to tow me out in his little Honda SUV. Pathetic These tires should not be classified as an ATV tire

I don’t know what I’m going yo buy next but I’m done with the Michelins. I’d rather get less mileage but know I can at least drive on grass.
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS
    2023 Ford F350 CCLB 6.7 Diesel w/B & W Companion 3300 hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    I run Michelin LTXs (Defender LTX now). It’s a highway tire but yet to have a situation it wasn’t up to and it’s absolutely the best on-road truck tire. If I did serious off roading, it wouldn’t work. But for dirt roads and such, it works just fine.

I had a set of Continental TerrainContact tires on a previous truck. That’s a decent compromise so far as off road and on, I liked them, and they are reviewed well with good life. They also look more rugged if that matters to you.

The stated tire you’re looking at is great - but I would never own it unless I planned to really use it because it’s meant to go off-road as primary function. Seems a waste if it just drives on pavement all the time.
    I also have the Michelin Defender on my truck and both of my cars. They wear like iron and the traction (wet or dry) is great. I don't do snow, so I can't offer an opinion on that.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Michelin LTX AT2 with a touch less than 30k, not going to come near 70k. I have maybe 5 or 6 months left on these tires. Tires have been ok. Definitely a bit squishy in mud and dirt.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertS377 View Post
    This is exactly my problem. I’ve had two sets of Michelin LTX All-terrains. I’ve gotten 70k on each set. Superb highways tire BUT horrible on wet grass and similar surfaces. Like you, I’ve have gotten stuck badly many times in our yard. I recently got stuck in the grass without the rv. My son in law had to tow me out in his little Honda SUV. Pathetic These tires should not be classified as an ATV tire

I don’t know what I’m going yo buy next but I’m done with the Michelins. I’d rather get less mileage but know I can at least drive on grass.
    Here's another good option that I put on my son's truck awhile back. He loves them. They are super quiet, great in the snow and mud, and wear well when pulling......Terra Grappler G2 Tire.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had Nitto EXO Grappler AWTs on the dually, which I initially loved but knew better... I run Centramatics at all corners and Crossfires on the rear, and am a fanatic about pressure and alignment. They wore great in the rear - 35K out of them. However, the luggy build is simply no good for the steers on a dually. I went through two sets due to horrendously cupping and feathering. For the second set, I even had the front end alinged with the truck loaded to pin weight. Did not help. Just the wrong design for steers. Their compound is also too soft, as expected for such tire, but running 6 hours on the interstate at the height of summer really exhibited off-road tires have no place towing heavy and long.
    Since, I have gone back to an old standby and installed 6 Michelin LTX A/T2s. The all-terrain design has continuous edges making a fair compromise as an all-position tire.
    We have been at some spots where I really miss the Nittos in 4wd, but compromise had to be.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast