User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WARNING--loose fittings

I was replacing my bathroom faucet and when i went to unscrew the water connections i found them to be only FINGER TIGHT . No tool to take them apart.

Now i will have to also check the kitchen...

All For you info

Bruce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fittings1.jpg   fittings2 jpg.jpg  
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first time out with the 303 rls we had water coming out from under the shower pan. Checked in the pass thru behind the wall and water was dripping. I pulled the shower faucet (panel) off and the hot water side was leaking from the hose connection. I tightened the hose connection, turned back on the water and no leak.

I forgot to check the bathroom and kitchen sink , but I will along with checking all the screws in doors and cabinets which seem to work loose.
    Scott and Brenda
    2019 F250 6.2
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is part of my regular inspection before every trip.

Everything in these vibrate and shake loose on the road.

Don't forget to check your 4 mounting bolts for the a/c units also.....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post

Go up on the roof and remove the cover for those?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Go up on the roof and remove the cover for those?
    These are on the inside. Remove the plastic shroud from the inside portion of the AC and you will see the 4 bolts. Check the torque spec, it is very low, measured in in-lbs.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
    My first time out with the 303 rls we had water coming out from under the shower pan. Checked in the pass thru behind the wall and water was dripping. I pulled the shower faucet (panel) off and the hot water side was leaking from the hose connection. I tightened the hose connection, turned back on the water and no leak.

I forgot to check the bathroom and kitchen sink , but I will along with checking all the screws in doors and cabinets which seem to work loose.
    Scott.. what is involved removing the bathroom shower. i take for granted you have the black one with 3 different type sprays, top ,body and hose .

Can you easily get to the black tank vacuum breaker that is behind it....
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
    Scott.. what is involved removing the bathroom shower. i take for granted you have the black one with 3 different type sprays, top ,body and hose .

If you have the same shower unit that I have with the multiple settings on the long black "box" there is a single screw in the middle at the bottom. Take that one out and then lift and pull away from the wall. Carefully lift the pipes out with the unit. You can tighten the plumbing attachments but also the clamps that hold all the flexible tubing to the complicated shower section. I found some of mine not tight enough. You should also be able to see the black tank vacuum breaker behind it as well.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I wasn't clear on my post. Standing inside the shower there are 4 screws on a panel that has the hot and cold handles/valves. My panel was tape in with butyl, kind of hard to get off. I only had a hot and cold water connection on mine.
    The hot was not even hand tight.
    Scott and Brenda
    2019 F250 6.2
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post

I pulled the faucet from my shower in an attempt to get access to the black tank flush anti siphon valve that is jammed in there and zip tied to the shower plumbing. It was so tight that I couldn’t really see in there while trying to cut the zip ties. Decided to not risk cutting them blind, right next to the plumbing lines. Instead I cut the tubing going up there and replaced the anti siphon (which was leaking) and mounted it at the same height on the outside of the shower wall. A much better design than the OEM “Grand” design IMO.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    T

I've got 2 Airxcel A/C units and I can't find anywhere the torque specs on tightening the 4 mounting bolts. Nothing in the manual. I have not been able to find a phone number for the company that did not go to voice mail with no response. Would you possibly have a good contact number?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast