User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2023 Made In July 2022 - Should I Be Asking Questions Or Concerned?

Looking at purchasing a new 398M-R from out-of-state site unseen.

Called GDRV with the VIN and they said it rolled off their line in JULY of 2022 (as a model year 2023)

Should I be concerned about (1) how long its been sitting all closed up in a parking lot in the South, and (2) more importantly, this unit was manufactured during the poor quality years for all manufacturers, of which, GDRV was not immune.

Would you be concerned?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post

Called GDRV with the VIN and they said it rolled off their line in JULY of 2022 (as a model year 2023)

Should I be concerned about (1) how long its been sitting all closed up in a parking lot in the South, and (2) more importantly, this unit was manufactured during the poor quality years for all manufacturers, of which, GDRV was not immune.

Would you be concerned?
    I would hire an RV inspector to perform a thorough PDI on the unit. Once I had that report, then I'd negotiate with the owner.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't assembly of a vehicles model year production be built in the prior year? I'm pretty sure we bought our 2019 295RL in the fall of 2018? And sitting for a period of time until sold can just be a supply/demand issue. Not sure I would be overly concerned.

As an example:

"The practice of beginning production of next year's model before the end of the year has become a long-standing tradition in America. For purposes such as VINs and emissions control, regulations allow cars of a given model year to be sold starting on January 2 of the previous calendar year."
    Last edited by trailrydr; 12-28-2022 at 01:29 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post

Would you be concerned?
    If you are worried about a "Covid build", then rule out anything that is a 2021 through current model.

Believe it or not, we are still in "Covid Build" times.....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I would hire an RV inspector to perform a thorough PDI on the unit. Once I had that report, then I'd negotiate with the owner.
    This^^. I would not buy anything sight unseen without a thorough inspection by a certified tech or inspector. When I sold our Reflection 337 to someone on the forum (we were across the country from each other during the correspondence phase), I recommended, and they agreed, that a certified tech do a thorough inspection and provide them with a written report prior to the sale.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with all that suggest making sure an inspection is done, then still items may be missed and a shake down / break in period will be normal for finding additional things that need to be adjusted, repaired or replaced. That i believe goes for just about anything like this purchased. Be careful and if i were spending that kind of money,I would go check it out myself.
    good luck
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy, I just bought an imagine 3210Bh built in August, Hope I did not get a poorly built unit.

Kid

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you research qualifications for Texas RV lemon law.
    Randy and Kris

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I had to get this done before 12/31 for tax reasons so I pulled the trigger.

I'll see it in person in about 10 days for the first time.

If I have to, I will leave it there to get anything fixed that doesnt work right.

Otherwise I'll be east down and bound loaded up and trucking back to Texas with my new rig. I can handle smallish stuff. Big stuff I'll bring it back. Im expecting to use it a few times and keep a list of the warranty items then run it back up there and back at least once.

It's not ideal, but I had to do it in 2022 or I was going to pay the IRS even more lettuce above and beyond that which I already find unbelievable [Political comment removed].
    Last edited by Second Chance; 12-30-2022 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Remove political comment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new purchase, I am sure it will all work out.
    LIke said, the little things will be worked out, the large stuff cna get done.
    Don't forget, GD will sometimes authorize a mobil tech to come out and take care of things, if so, that you may be able to get them done right there at home. Also in the past GD will send the part directly to you while under warranty. Keep documentation on everything. Good Luck and agian, congrats!!!
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast