Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fulltime in a Reflection

How many folks are full timing in a Reflection? And for how long? Is it holding up well or do you wish maybe you went to a Solitude? I am trying to decide between a 303RLS and an F250 gas or go all in with a Solitude 321x and a F350 Diesel. Obviously I'd like to save some dollars (~$28-30K more for the diesel/321x setup) but don't want to make a large mistake. Not sure how long we would want to full time so if it ended up being 5-6 years, I wondered if the Reflection would be up to the task. I don't want a Lexus if a Corolla will do.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd suggest the F350 diesel either way. We don't full time, keep most trips to 6 weeks. Bigger truck gives you flexibility in choice of trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

hoboshideout
    We have a 303 which we are in full time since March.Pull it with a 250,with no problem.

Norcalrv1
    Lots of opinions here
    I have towed my 337 with a 2014 RAM 3500 turbo diesel with the long bed and exhaust brake upwards of 20,000 miles and would not want anything less. That truck is totally awesome. We live in it for 3-6 months at a time and really enjoy it. Go for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently we have a F350 diesel and a 337 RLS. I am glad we have the 350. We did own a 250 diesel but was concerned with the weight issues. If you are buying a different truck I would get more than you think you need. This is just my opinion but with my plans I would not get a DRW. With my plans a SRW is fine and I could even pull more trailer is that happens.
    We are planning on spending extended periods of time in our 337 when we retire. I would full time in it but the better half is not sold on the full time plan yet. You will get various opinions on what trailer to use. Going to be a person choice as you could full time in a pop up I you wanted to.
    D & J
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2014 F350, 6.7, Anderson Ultimate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for the one ton diesel. If you shop around you can find a used one with lower mileage and then buy the manufacturers extended warranty as insurance. i feel better going uphill with power and downhill knowing I have an engine brake.
    Susan and Jim
    2015 Reflection 27RL
    2013 Ford F350 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4 SRW
    PullRite Superglide 16K Hitch
    Timbren SES

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm another who favors a 1-ton diesel. Not a fan of DRW, but a SRW 1-ton diesel is perfect for a 337RLS or a bit bigger.

As to full-timing in a Reflection? We did 7 months continuous last year, will do about the same this year, and maybe 8 months next year. Other than they're a little longer, I don't know that a Solitude would suit us any better. However, it IS nice to have a few months off the road, a place to store stuff you can't take with you, etc.

Dave

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lcseds View Post
    I wondered if the Reflection would be up to the task.
    I would be interested in what folks think would make a Solitude more durable than a Reflection ?
    Manufacturing methods and materials would appear to be basically the same.
    Issues discussed on this forum seem to cross Reflection, Solitude and Momentum, almost equally.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Gator Jim
    My wife and I have been full time in our 337RL since April 19, 2014. We have pulled it over 10,000 miles.
    We have been very happy with out decision. My wife said she could have been ok with smaller unit.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the RV show this year I was told by the factory rep that the Solitude line is intended for extended stays while the Reflection is for seasonal use. I'm not sure what was meant by that statement.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast