User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought My First Grand Design Today! Momentum 398M-R

Bought a 2023 Momentum 398M-R at a dealership TWO STATES AWAY today based off pictures and descriptions from the dealer.

I ALMOST ordered one locally, but decided against it because (1) my first experience at the local dealer a few years back was unpleasant (2) the current experience was getting unpleasant, and (3) I would have had to wait months even at that.

I ALMOST ordered one THREE states away, but it was just too far, and again, waiting months.

So I found one on the ground about 500 miles away. The salesperson got me to 28% below MSRP, which is ok I guess. It's been on their lot for about five months. Has the king bed, genny, heat pump, and 1/2 bath. It has the larger solar package, and the larger stereo system, neither of which I necessarily wanted but that's ok. It does NOT have slide toppers or dual pane windows which I DID want, but that's ok too, and I can add the toppers.

Glad to be part of the Grand Design family now! Going to LOAD up this toy hauler with kids and get some vacations under our belt!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Slappy,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig. Looks like you did pretty good!

When do you get to pick it up?

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hey Slappy,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig. Looks like you did pretty good!

When do you get to pick it up?

Bill
    Thanks!

Little over a week from now is as soon as I can do the road trip. Plenty of time to prep it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    Bought a 2023 Momentum 398M-R at a dealership TWO STATES AWAY today based off pictures and descriptions from the dealer.

I ALMOST ordered one locally, but decided against it because (1) my first experience at the local dealer a few years back was unpleasant (2) the current experience was getting unpleasant, and (3) I would have had to wait months even at that.

I ALMOST ordered one THREE states away, but it was just too far, and again, waiting months.

So I found one on the ground about 500 miles away. The salesperson got me to 28% below MSRP, which is ok I guess. It's been on their lot for about five months. Has the king bed, genny, heat pump, and 1/2 bath. It has the larger solar package, and the larger stereo system, neither of which I necessarily wanted but that's ok. It does NOT have slide toppers or dual pane windows which I DID want, but that's ok too, and I can add the toppers.

Glad to be part of the Grand Design family now! Going to LOAD up this toy hauler with kids and get some vacations under our belt!
    Glad to hear that you got pretty much what you wanted. Slide toppers are easy do it yourself if you are handy. Start enjoying some vacations now that you don't have to wait.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the purchase, seems like you ended up with something you wanted for a price that was very reasonable. Good luck on the road trip when you pick it up.

We just picked ours up about 600 miles away from our house. We wanted to get some use out of it right away so we loaded up a 5x8 Uhaul trailer with food, supplies, clothes and transferred everything over when we picked it up. Did a one way trip with the Uhaul and dropped it off 10 min away from the RV dealer. We stayed at an Airbnb on the way there. The plan worked out great, all we forgot to bring was a dish rack for the wet dishes.
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 12-29-2022 at 05:42 AM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Congrats on the purchase, seems like you ended up with something you wanted for a price that was very reasonable. Good luck on the road trip when you pick it up.

We just picked ours up about 600 miles away from our house. We wanted to get some use out of it right away so we loaded up a 5x8 Uhaul trailer with food, supplies, clothes and transferred everything over when we picked it up. Did a one way trip with the Uhaul and dropped it off 10 min away from the RV dealer. We stayed at an Airbnb on the way there. The plan worked out great, all we forgot to bring was a dish rack for the wet dishes.
    Wow that plan worked out well!

I almost ordered a 398 from that Cookeville dealer you got yours from. They quoted me a very good price. If I were to order one, and didn't mind driving the miles to go to middle Tennessee from Texas, I would have ordered from them. I had a different salesman than you did, but the guy I talked to was very professional and straightforward.

I still am driving to get THIS one, but it's not nearly as far.

Yes, I booked a beach trip last night just to put it on the radar for the summer! Excited to use it!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Slappy, congrats on the new coach, hope you have a great time on your vacations. Let us know how you make out.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I'll sleep a little better once I get it in my possession and shake it out.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    Thanks. I'll sleep a little better once I get it in my possession and shake it out.
    You will love your 398,I have been doing mods non stop to ours.
    Number one on DWs list was the window behind the range. It does not open, and it and the blinds behind is just a grease trap when using the stove burners. I installed two layers of polyisocranate insulation board in the window recess, then a sheet if 1/8' luan over that entire wall. Finished it off with smart tiles. She liked it so much I ended up doing the entire kitchen sink backsplash and the bathroom one as well.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    You will love your 398,I have been doing mods non stop to ours.
    Number one on DWs list was the window behind the range. It does not open, and it and the blinds behind is just a grease trap when using the stove burners. I installed two layers of polyisocranate insulation board in the window recess, then a sheet if 1/8' luan over that entire wall. Finished it off with smart tiles. She liked it so much I ended up doing the entire kitchen sink backsplash and the bathroom one as well.
    WOW that sounds awesome!

I guess there is no exhaust for the stove in the bottom of the microwave like a house would have?

Man I might have to replace that window with something that has an integral fan. That stove is too nice not to use and the oven looks like it might actually fit real food. Thanksgiving turkey in the 398 anyone????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast