Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Heather View Post
@Fsalmy, that was a funny intro!! So yes Ryan and Sarah of Midlife Detour have had a hell of a time with that Beacon!!! I totally agree on the new slide etc. The parts will rest on the bed until the time comes that everything is "good to go"?.?...... fingers crossed.... see below for more...

@geotex1, SOOOO here is an update. I called into the mother ship, got a case # assigned, was allowed to make a small interior cut out, no hulk... and with a small pryer I can move the aluminum wall frame against the large steel D channel that resides in the bedroom. Comes with it's own metal squeak .... So called back to GD and advised them. They want it to go get an official measure from the inbox to the frame, by one of their approved repair places. Then once they have determined the issue, (I truly feel it will be side wall, and one of the techs at GD agrees...), then it will be repaired. Most likely by taking some of the outer skin off and the bedroom wardrobe slide right out of the unit. (Then the new slide mechanism installed)

I was told this its already being elevated to the "Big Boss Man" for review and I truly feel I am being listened to and helped by GD. This gives me faith!!! My poor wife is besides herself thinking we were DUPED by the private sale made in PA. Shame on me, I asked about the little crack and he said it was always there...

I have an appointment in March on the 5th to get it in... they think a month, but obviously will not know until they open it up. The dealer said they have 2 good paint shops that should be able to make it all look pretty again too. Again big fingers crossed.

So Thank you to each of you that have responded and pointed me in a positive direction. This is the reason why I paid for a subscription so I can hope to help others and learn soooo much along the way. @seoncd chance, thank you as well.

I will post a picture of the small access hole I made just for reference so people know the steel frame is in the way of actually seeing the aluminum wall frame down to the slide bottom.... the more you know!!******* (Saturday morning cartoon reference there)

*** Update big boss says they will deny the frame coverage, due to it being greater than 3 years... I am going to continue to push. I feel this is not right.

Scott
Yeah, push! It's no small repair. If you got insurance on the coach, you may have to tap that avenue if stone walled. It's not a technically challenging repair, but requires a boat load of labor. Because you have full body paint, you're at an advantage in one respect because with the right shop doing the final finishing, repainting, and blend out it will disappear. It's critical that the aluminum be properly welded and reinforced. It's not a repair for that welder that on rare occasion does aluminum work either. Needs to be a guy that does it routinely because it's ridiculously thin! Around the slide opening they should be stuffed, so it's ideal to take advantage and weld in gussets and use a bracket with mechanical fasteners. Finally, if GD is going to help with this, and you're on the hook/using your insurance, don't just stick with the shop GD sends you too for evaluation. Seek out the most reputable shop you can find within your willing driving radius. Get all paint codes from GD and ask the painter to squirt test panels and you both decide what's looking like the closest matches before going big!