User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Centramatic Wheel Balancer

Hello All… I have a 2022 F-450 with about 5K miles and am experiencing some stubborn vibration at speeds above 65 mph. Had them rebalanced but can’t quite resolve the vibration (admittedly it’s minor…but annoying on a new truck).

I’m curious to hear feedback on those who have used the Centramatic balancer, especially on a dually.
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure the vibration is initiated by the wheels? Could also be a slightly out-of-balance drive shaft, or the like.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been running them a long time on mone. Very pleased with them. The 450 is pretty notorious for the problem you're having and finickiness for tires. Nonetheless, it's pretty much a MDT dressed for the ball, but a MDT nonetheless and some behaviors are inevitable. That said, I would definitely give the Centramatics a try. If it cures it, excellent, but even if not your tires will wear better and that's another problem for steers on duallies.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Are you sure the vibration is initiated by the wheels? Could also be a slightly out-of-balance drive shaft, or the like.
    I guess I can’t say for sure that it’s caused by tire balance… although that’s the route the dealer went down to cure the Vib. Rebalancing did help a little, but I can still feel the remaining vibration, it’s gonna drive me crazy. Had the same issues with our ‘21 450 too… I eventually just accepted it and then, of course, sold it.
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the concerns I had while contemplating ordering a 450. If it caused by the wheels, I assume swapping them out for 20" LT tires would cure it? Not that I want to do that on a new truck but like you, I am finnicky.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2013 Outback 300RB
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R