User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying a 323BHS, have a couple questions right now.

Hi everyone, we are new to this forum. The wife and I decided to upgrade to the 2015 Reflection 323BHS. We really like the floor plan, and the extra sleeping room will be great when the grandkids come along, and also the ability for extra storage. I have a few questions before we pick up the trailer on Thursday, and thought would be better to get some advice from those of you already have grand design trailers than to totally trust the salesmen.

Few questions to start, and I'm sure I will have some more. I did some reading on the forum, but haven't found any specific answers.

1) I am wondering about the satellite prep. Is it wired like all the other trailers in the past, where you had to rewire them in order for satellite to work? Or is there a direct line to each TV location for satellite? Example, one to bedroom, one to bunk room, one to main TV? I'm hoping this is how it's set up.

2)Mounting a TV in the bunk room and bedroom. As anyone done this? How big of TV and was it a difficult process? If you have any pictures that you could post, that would be great.

3)How is the sound system in the trailer?

4)Can you access the fridge with slide closed? That was something I didn't check or ask about. Was one thing on my list I wanted but it did slip my mind.

5) how do you like your reflection 5th wheel ? Any real problems? And more specifically how you like your 323BHS?

I'm sure I'll have some more questions in the coming days. But Looking forwarded to being an active member and contributing to the forum when I can. Excited and can't wait to pick up our new trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rwebby; 07-26-2015 at 06:29 AM.
    Rich & Karen
    Alberta, Canada
    2015, Reflection 323BHS
    2014, GMC Sierra 2500 HD, Duramax

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about the BHS, but we can access the fridge in our 303. Welcome, you'll love your Grand Design.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the floorplan on the GD website, it looks like the fridge is accessible with slides closed. In fact, it looks like they recessed a portion of the countertop below the hutch just for that reason.

The bath appears accessible as well.

We love our 337RLS!

Dave

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) I am wondering about the satellite prep. Is it wired like all the other trailers in the past, where you had to rewire them in order for satellite to work? Or is there a direct line to each TV location for satellite? Example, one to bedroom, one to bunk room, one to main TV? I'm hoping this is how it's set up. There are two coax systems--one for cable tv/broadcast tv and a separate system for satellite (without splitters) to each bedroom and the main tv. They both hook up above the hose connections in the basement.

2)Mounting a TV in the bunk room and bedroom. As anyone done this? How big of TV and was it a difficult process? If you have any pictures that you could post, that would be great. There are steel plates above the bedroom window and behind the bunkroom back wall. They're easily found with a strong magnet. You can mount a 29" television in the bedroom and I believe a 32" tv goes in the bunkhouse space tightly. You'd have to take measurements.

3)How is the sound system in the trailer? Marginal. We seldom use it.

4)Can you access the fridge with slide closed? That was something I didn't check or ask about. Was one thing on my list I wanted but it did slip my mind. The fridge and the bath can be accessed without putting any slides out.

5) how do you like your reflection 5th wheel ? Any real problems? And more specifically how you like your 323BHS? We love our 323BHS. We bought it to fit our 3/4 ton diesel--not too big, but large enough. I almost feel guilty that we've had no problems or warranty claims. And I enjoy the back bedroom/Man Cave, as the wife and I keep different hours, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    1) I am wondering about the satellite prep. Is it wired like all the other trailers in the past, where you had to rewire them in order for satellite to work? Or is there a direct line to each TV location for satellite? Example, one to bedroom, one to bunk room, one to main TV? I'm hoping this is how it's set up. There are two coax systems--one for cable tv/broadcast tv and a separate system for satellite (without splitters) to each bedroom and the main tv. They both hook up above the hose connections in the basement.

2)Mounting a TV in the bunk room and bedroom. As anyone done this? How big of TV and was it a difficult process? If you have any pictures that you could post, that would be great. There are steel plates above the bedroom window and behind the bunkroom back wall. They're easily found with a strong magnet. You can mount a 29" television in the bedroom and I believe a 32" tv goes in the bunkhouse space tightly. You'd have to take measurements.

3)How is the sound system in the trailer? Marginal. We seldom use it.

4)Can you access the fridge with slide closed? That was something I didn't check or ask about. Was one thing on my list I wanted but it did slip my mind. The fridge and the bath can be accessed without putting any slides out.

5) how do you like your reflection 5th wheel ? Any real problems? And more specifically how you like your 323BHS? We love our 323BHS. We bought it to fit our 3/4 ton diesel--not too big, but large enough. I almost feel guilty that we've had no problems or warranty claims. And I enjoy the back bedroom/Man Cave, as the wife and I keep different hours, etc.
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

Bamaman- I plan to use it as well as a man cave when we don't have any grandkids with. That won't be that often. Just wondering, in the front TV, did you run a HDMI cable from the cabinet down the TV? Was that difficult to get behind the board where the TV is.

We're really excited to pick it up. Already thinking ahead on some mods, we got the dinette and reclining sofa, I wished we would have gotten the super sofa but we got a great deal on this one. Maybe we'll change it out at some point for something similar.

Rich & Karen
    Alberta, Canada
    2015, Reflection 323BHS
    2014, GMC Sierra 2500 HD, Duramax

gthompson1028
    We have the 323bhs, we love the floor plan just for the reasons you mention. We have had several warranty issues. Such as door latch would stick, the bunk house was freezing cold in winter, took it in and the dealer had it about 6 weeks. Wasn't a big deal it was between deer season and spring. Memorial Day went camping with family, refrig wouldn't switch to gas, leaks in bunkhouse window and had a leak in the bedroom slide close to shower. It spent 8 weeks at dealer, we lost our Fourth of July reservations and money. Got it back the week after, went out this weekend, everything was working great until we tried to hook up satellite. The "pre-wiring" doesn't work, so we ran the coaxial thru the front door to receiver to get reception. We called our salesman, he got a factory rep to call us, which was impressive but he didn't know what to do either. Bottom line, we love the camper, just really frustrated that it has spent as much time at the dealer as we have had it. The question is now do we wait till after Labor Day to take it in and hope we get it back in time for deer season.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're using cable tv in our campground and run a coax cable to the television. We've never used the satellite wiring. There are individual coax plugs in the basement that go to the front bedroom, main tv and bunkhouse. The faceplates in each room have two coax plugs--satellite and cable/antenna. I would think setting up the satellite feeds wouldn't be very difficult--with a little ingenuity. Too bad you're not getting the SuperSofa, as it's 12' feet of the most comfortable seating we've ever seen.

After gthompson's above posting, it's very important to deal with a dealer with a really good service department. 6 and 8 week turnarounds are totally unacceptable, especially for little nit picky problems that are easily fixed. If dealers did a proper PDI, they'd automatically have better customer service--while finding incremental sales volumes by fixing the initial problems. Heading off the problems on front end is the most profitable way for a dealer to do business.

gthompson1028
    We have the super sofa and wouldn't trade it for anything! Apparently Holiday World is known for their terrible service. Hopefully this is the last kink!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 323. The floor plan works well for us and our 5 year old. During a rainy day it doesn't feel like you are tripping on each other. The fridge is accessible with the slides closed, but you won't get to the back of the rig without opening anything. I have used the sat in the main area just by hooking the dish to the living area plug in the basement. In the cabinet there are 2 coaxial plugs. one for antenna and one worked for my satellite. I ran an hdmi cable from the area above the tv on the right side, through the hole to the back of the tv. Remove the drawer below the tv for easy access. overall we haven't had many issues. Although this past trip the bearing seals on the tires started to leak. We are very pleased with our purchase.
    Andy, Amy & Paige Zahn
    2011 duramax 2500 denali hd
    2015 Reflection 323bhs

gthompson1028
    We think the plug in the basement isn't wired correctly because it would not get a signal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast