User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Specialized Full Suspension & Trek Bikes for Sale

All, I am gauging interest here. Nikki and I unfortunately are helping a recently widowed friend liquidate. She and her husband were our friends for 31 years, and unfortunately John did not survive COVID-19 passing in September after his will to live was overcome by complications from the lung transplant he had to have because of COVID. It took Dawn some time to even begin to think about the course she wants to take and she's decided that right now it's too painful to travel without him. Long story short, they bought a gently used Class A in 2019 and added a Jeep as a toad shortly after with their plan to spend retirement as nomads as they already had sold their business, home, and downsized to a studio apartment planning their adventures. Both very active outdoorspeople, they fitted the Jeep with kayak carrier and new kayaks and nice Thule bike rack and these bikes.

We think we have a sale on the Class A, and Dawn will keep the Jeep. Kayaks sold rapidly as Christmas gifts, and now the bikes must go. I will be going to look at them this week and get details and some pictures as they have been in their storage bin that's getting cleaned out. What I know is that the Specialized was ridden once before John became ill, and the Trek ridden twice by Dawn. I am told they spent around $2500-2600 on them. Interestingly, with the eBike popularity, I really am not finding any interest in old-fashioned, unassisted pedal power on the RV subculture just casually asking around contrary to how effective it was for the kayaks and the Class A!

Anyone here looking for quality, unassisted bikes?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your friend @geotex1, where are the bikes located? Pictures would help.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have "unassisted" bikes that we love - but they are new as of about 18 months ago. I'm chiming in to say that, even at our ages, there are people who are still healthy enough to be interested in bikes for the low-impact exercise they offer... to which an electric motor does not contribute. In addition, our "regular" bikes are much lighter on a bike rack than ebikes would be. So, I don't think it's a lost cause listing pedal-power bikes to the RV community.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Rob said. Between DW & I we have six pedal bikes. Road, Gravel, 2 Mtn, 2 cruisers. When we camp we take 3. At my 72 years I still think of e-bikes as scooters. But I keep lookin' at 'em as the younger group I ride with drop me now & then.

I see quite a few peddlers in campgrounds.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frame size and also which specific model will drive a lot of the interest or lack thereof.

I ride a XXL frame Trek Procaliber 9.6, but in my frame size, there's not a huge secondary market, so I tend to keep bikes until they are toast.. My other bike is a 21 year old Trek 4500 Alpha, but my wife rides a Surly Fat Tire in a M frame.

More details on the bikes would help us give you an idea what they are worth.. Trek Full suspensions bikes run from $2500 to over $12,000 new. Speciialized runs in a similar pay band.
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always Play It Again Sports that will take them on consignment and maybe even buy them. If there is one of those stores in your area.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Nice of you to help out.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Nikki and I are still self-propelled too. I'll post details and pictures as soon as I retrieve the bikes.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turned 80 last August. Still pedaling the Giant whenever I can. Will load it on the new Cougar when I leave for AZ & CA deserts in about 3 weeks. Lower back never feels better than after a workout on the bike.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might want to stop at a LBS (Local Bike Shop) and ask where the bikes should be advertised. Craigslist could be a good starting point, but different areas have different websites. Around Salt Lake City, for example, KSL Classifieds is the best place to buy and sell used bikes. KSL is a local TV station.
    Good luck, and your friend is lucky to have someone helping her out.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar