User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should've done a little more homework before posting. I didn't realize that there were others on the market that had adapters to fit the prewiring for the Furrion. That is far more intriguing to me. For those using Haloview, I'm not too wild about running a cable along the roof to boost the signal. Have you had any problems getting a reliable signal to the monitor without the extra cable?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clange View Post
    I should've done a little more homework before posting. I didn't realize that there were others on the market that had adapters to fit the prewiring for the Furrion. That is far more intriguing to me. For those using Haloview, I'm not too wild about running a cable along the roof to boost the signal. Have you had any problems getting a reliable signal to the monitor without the extra cable?
    I have the Haloview it’s not hard to just run the extender cable down the ladder under the trailer to the the A-frame. It’s works flawlessly.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clange View Post
    Go with the Haloview wireless.....no cabling. Here's the link on Amazon for review: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B088GZBY...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Last edited by COGrandDes; 01-03-2023 at 07:52 AM.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion with the small screen. I find it plenty big enough as I really don't use as much as I thought I would. And with the GPS and TPMS to monitor I have more than enough distractions.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furrion with the 7” display here. It was only a few dollars difference when I bought but could have dealt with the 5”. I too rig it up to the rear view with some straps although this year, I need to figure out a power supply from the overhead center console in my Ram.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion 4.3" I do wish I had gone with the 5", but other than that I find it a big help in certain situations. When backing, as mentioned previously, the microphone is great. I always have someone (normally my wife) back there for my own comfort and she speaks normally. When pulling down the road the lag might be a couple of tenths of a second. I can keep an eye on traffic to see when I'm being passed, and I can tell when to pull back in when passing.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    We mount it to the rearview mirror using the Haloview mount (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08J3RYDNW).
    Ordered it off Canadian Amazon for $15. All based on your review...it better be good...lol
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Ordered it off Canadian Amazon for $15. All based on your review...it better be good...lol
    It has worked well for me. The only issue I've had is that when slipping it on it tends to depress the call OnStar button on my Chevy. Just a quick click cancels the call so not a big deal. I did have to drill some small holes to get the mount to line up with my monitor since I don't have the Haloview monitor. That was easy-peasy.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    It worked for us. I just found that with the TPMS also mounted to the windshield with a suction cup that all of these extra screens were blocking my view. So I just built a base that goes in the middle section on top of the dash and have the Haloview there along with the I10 TPMS. Frees up the windshield a little. I can drop off the rearview mirror adapter next spring as we pass through Thunder Bay. We're planning days at Sleeping Giant as we loop Lake Superior.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I can drop off the rearview mirror adapter next spring as we pass through Thunder Bay. We're planning days at Sleeping Giant as we loop Lake Superior.
    I think Amazon will beat you to it, but appreciate the offer.
    Sleeping Giant is a very nice park. Used to be called Sibley Park. Have you been before?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast