User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clange View Post
    I should've done a little more homework before posting. I didn't realize that there were others on the market that had adapters to fit the prewiring for the Furrion. That is far more intriguing to me. For those using Haloview, I'm not too wild about running a cable along the roof to boost the signal. Have you had any problems getting a reliable signal to the monitor without the extra cable?
    I have only run it with the extended antenna. But have heard from others it will work without, but signal lag is noticeable. I cannot discern any lag on my setup - even at 80mph. The picture clarity on the Haloview monitor is exceptional.
    One good reason for a 7" monitor is if you decide to go with multiple cams. The Haloview pkgs can be ordered with side cams that replace side marker lights etc. So if you are splitting up the monitor into 3 views..I imagine bigger would be better.
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 01-03-2023 at 05:40 PM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Backup Camera Screen Size

Anyone know if the Haloview mirror mount will work with the Furrion monitor?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL kind if hard to beat Amazon shipping. Yes, it will be our first time up there and around Lake Superior. Its the only Great Lake that we haven't been to yet. Looking forward to it.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    Anyone know if the Haloview mirror mount will work with the Furrion monitor?
    I had to drill some holes in the mount to line up with the screw placement on my monitor. It's possible the Furrion holes will line up, but it's not a big deal if they don't.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Happy New Year to everyone!

We are looking at purchasing the Furrion backup camera for our 2022 Momentum 398M-R and were mulling over options for the screen size. It looks like they have a 7", 5", and 4.3". Some reviews on etrailer indicate that the 7" may be too big. What are others using and do you wish you had used a different screen size? For what it is worth, we are not contemplating the side view cameras because they just don't seem like they have much utility.

As for our tow vehicle, we have a 2023 GMC Sierra 3500 if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Clif
    We have been using the 7" for 3+ years and have zero regrets.
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Furrion with a 5 inch monitor for my 376TH. Found it to be plenty big and clear to see all I needed to see. I looked at the 7 inch but thought it was too big since it sits in the well area on the dash of my F350
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t get the 4.3. That is what I have an wish we would have gone bigger. Since no way to zoom in, I would go with the biggest screen you can

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Furion rear and two side cameras. I mount the 5 in. monitor on the truckÂ’s rear view mirror when towing. I would not want a larger screen, as Rob pointed out the RV Garmin and TPS already take up space.

I agree that the Furion picture is not that clear. And would not buy the side cameras again as they donÂ’t have a wide enough angle. No microphone capability with our rear camera.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Furion with a 5 inch screen. The screen size is good, but we get a lot of glare during very sunny times. If I had to do over again, I would probably go with the Haloview. But the 5 in screen size seems to be fine for us.

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    F250 Super Duty, 6.7L 10 speed tran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy New Year to everyone!

We are looking at purchasing the Furrion backup camera for our 2022 Momentum 398M-R and were mulling over options for the screen size. It looks like they have a 7", 5", and 4.3". Some reviews on etrailer indicate that the 7" may be too big. What are others using and do you wish you had used a different screen size? For what it is worth, we are not contemplating the side view cameras because they just don't seem like they have much utility.

As for our tow vehicle, we have a 2023 GMC Sierra 3500 if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Clif

I have been using the Furrion 7" for 3 years now and have been pleased with its performance. I primarily use it to keep tabs on traffic behind me, especially when changing lanes. It has also come in handy when used in coordination with my wife when backing into tight sites. The reception has been nearly flawless considering we are about 55' tip to tail when towing, even after I sometimes forget to put the monitor's antenna in the upright position. The picture quality has been very good as well. As mentioned previously, it does occupy some dashboard real estate, especially with GPS, TMPS, etc, however, with some trial and error, you will find a combination that will work for you.
    Brad & Jeanette
    2020 Solitude 373FB
    2016 F350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 DRW 6.7 Power Stroke V8 Crew Cab BW Companion 3300 Hitch

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast