User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed a Furrion camera my wife got me for Christmas. Rig (Reflection 337rls) was pre-wired for this (plug was under the original cover). My truck is in the shop but i drove my car near the rig to power up the screen and see how it looked on my screen. It won't connect which leads me to believe the camera is not powered, which leads to my question: is the camera only powered when the tow vehicle is connected via the 7 pin connection?
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't speak for everyone, but my Furion only works when the headlights are powered on (NOT auto on)
    Then, and only then, do I get any camera activity!
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideblue51 View Post
    I just installed a Furrion camera my wife got me for Christmas. Rig (Reflection 337rls) was pre-wired for this (plug was under the original cover). My truck is in the shop but i drove my car near the rig to power up the screen and see how it looked on my screen. It won't connect which leads me to believe the camera is not powered, which leads to my question: is the camera only powered when the tow vehicle is connected via the 7 pin connection?
    On many cameras, the power comes from the same circuit as the running lights.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideblue51 View Post
    Just like marine6805, ours only works when headlights are on. I think in the Furion user guide, it mentions this - I can't remember if it depends on the rig or the vehicle. But, in any case, try turning on the lights and see if that powers up the camera.
    Eva & Luis
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F250 STX; 6.7L Power Stroke

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coach needs to be plugged into a vehicle with running/headlights on for the Furrion camera to be powered up, through the 7 way plug.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like my 5 inch furrion. there is a lag on the video occasionally. The mounting was the issue for me. may want to look at:

https://www.bulletpointmountingsolut...BoCIZ0QAvD_BwE
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion 5” which worked fine with my RAM but my 22 GMC has the dreaded PWM (Pulse With Modulation) so the power isn’t adequate for the camera. I purchased the Furrion 7Pin adapter and the camera works but I get a running light error on the screen.

Today, I watched a review on the AUTO-VOX Solar 4 Wireless RV Backup Camera. The review went well and according to the manufacturer the battery life on the camera will last months. It can also be charged without using the solar panel. Has anyone had any experience with these solar cameras? This would eliminate my need for trying to bypass the GMC/Chevy PWM problem.
    Hank
    2022 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2500 Standard Bed Duramax SRW
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 150 270BN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the 4.3 and hated the small size. Switched to the 7” and could not be happier. Wouldn’t go smaller myself. JMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I found out that Grand Designs pre wired it alright, they just didn't connect it to any power circuit. Thankfully it is directly above the center running light so I tapped into that. Connected right up when I powered up my 7" screen (and turned on my running lights of course). Thank you all for the help!
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I believe I'm settling on the wireless Haloview with the 5" screen, but given the length of my rig, I'm wondering which setup to buy given that there are several. I'm not too inclined to get the side cameras, but it appears that some of the rearview cameras aren't rated for much distance.

Any suggestions?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast