Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dinette table de-laminating

Happy New Year all,
    Been meaning to contact GD customer service about the table in our Solitude, but thought I would check the forum member first (not sure of my logic there!)
    Anyway, has anyone had their Solitude table surface bubble/crack/de-laminate? Ours had a 1" split bubbling up when new, 2 months in there are several places where the surface layer is starting to crack and peel. I suppose they will replace it, but has anyone been down this road?
    The best solution would be a Corian or Formica top built to fit, but that would probably get expensive.
    Thanks,
    SteveM
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 F350 Lariat DRW on order, (canceled)
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    Happy New Year all,
    Been meaning to contact GD customer service about the table in our Solitude, but thought I would check the forum member first (not sure of my logic there!)
    Anyway, has anyone had their Solitude table surface bubble/crack/de-laminate? Ours had a 1" split bubbling up when new, 2 months in there are several places where the surface layer is starting to crack and peel. I suppose they will replace it, but has anyone been down this road?
    The best solution would be a Corian or Formica top built to fit, but that would probably get expensive.
    Thanks,
    SteveM
    Sorry to hear about your table. Yes, I'd be reaching out to GD CS. Let us know how you make out.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My table top needs to be refinished

Happy New Year all,
    Thanks,
    SteveM
    I would prefer to refinish my table top. Does anyone know how to get the stain color for the table?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would prefer to refinish my table top. Does anyone know how to get the stain color for the table?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talked with GD yesterday. Have a case# on this tabletop and sent a few pics. I will follow up when I get a response.
    Depending on what they do I may look into having a cabinet shop build a replacement top of some solid surface material. This finish is fading in the sunlight as well as de-laminating.
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy New Year all,
    Thanks,
    SteveM
    Don’t know about your table but mine is solid wood not a laminate. I’ve looked into having it professionally refinished as my track record in this area is pretty dismal!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MPGDRV View Post
    Hey @MPGDRV, looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. The stain colors may vary by model, which coach do you have? I'd suggest reaching out to GC customer service with your VIN number, they should be able to help you find an appropriate stain.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MPGDRV View Post
    I refinished mine this past week. It is a '18 Solitude. Minwax Jacobean stain is kinda close to it. Lots of sanding to get the spray on that GD used off.
    Your interior may be different.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I refinished mine this past week. It is a '18 Solitude. Minwax Jacobean stain is kinda close to it. Lots of sanding to get the spray on that GD used off.
    Your interior may be different.
    How did you deal with the edge detail?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    Don’t know about your table but mine is solid wood not a laminate. I’ve looked into having it professionally refinished as my track record in this area is pretty dismal!
    Here's a pic of one area I'm referring to on my table....has been like this since I saw it on the dealers lot. I probably should have arranged for it to be repaired/replaced as a condition of the purchase, but hey, I was excited! Sure looks like a layer of something coming up. There are several other areas where the finish has peeled off as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5144.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	44917

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast