User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: broken dodge

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    There's not a lot of choice going heavier than a 1 ton dually for a pickup truck camper
    Makes you wonder about the viability of the that truck camper product line to begin with.

My former boss had an older truck camper on his F-350 dually and did it ever squat.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Agree with that. The web advert shows it on an F450. All of the truck above that (5500 or 550)have no bed, so a person would need to figure out the bed part.

Bill
    Reading makes a steel body for MDTs that accepts a slide in and provides storage for generators propane and such. It's not advertised but neither is the majority of what they build. There's also any aluminum body manufacturer in Lancaster, PA (name escapes me) that can make a body however you desire. There's also Highway Products and their competitor out west. If you watch for them, out in the west and definitely on the road to Alaska you'll find a lot of MDTs fitted up with beds for monster slide-ins.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Take a look at the forward tie-downs... If you know RAMs, that's not where they belong. Simple problem of creating a fulcrum which the teeter of a heavy Cummins and the totter of way too much cantilever behind the rear axle (note it's an ebike), fatigued the frame. This is 100% user error in every direction and he's trying to solicit public opinion to pressure Stellantis to pay for his negligence.
    Plus…is that one of those short bed duallies that Dodge has (making the cantilever worse)?
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    Plus…is that one of those short bed duallies that Dodge has (making the cantilever worse)?
    I think the short box dually was only available with a mega-cab option which that one isn't.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The frame break is at the point where the front camper tie downs are attached to the frame. Any tie down mounting holes drilled there might have been the initiation point of a fracture that eventually propagated through the frame rails. Its usually easy to find the starting point of a fracture so if that is the case its no wonder that RAM denied the claim.
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin2282 View Post
    The frame break is at the point where the front camper tie downs are attached to the frame. Any tie down mounting holes drilled there might have been the initiation point of a fracture that eventually propagated through the frame rails. Its usually easy to find the starting point of a fracture so if that is the case its no wonder that RAM denied the claim.
    Never installed camper tie downs but like adding running boards or a rail type 5th mounts do they use existing holes or slots?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Never installed camper tie downs but like adding running boards or a rail type 5th mounts do they use existing holes or slots?
    I’m probably “chicken” but I never add anything that would require drilling new holes into the frame.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Lance slide in with Torklift tie downs. They use existing holes on my application.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that one. Pretty scary. They are denying his claim because they say it was overloaded. I can’t say I have ever seen a truck break at the frame like that.

Bill
    I’ve seen several lately, another I got this morning with a Ram 3500 with a car carrier! Snap in half too. Others include GM2500 series……to me it’s more scary that these brook at weld joints behind the cab……there are weld in box kits out just for these issues that have been available for quite a while!������������Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C2CC900D-5835-4F32-85CE-139EE22EA2DE.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	44375
    Last edited by SteveCass; 01-07-2023 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Add photo

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that one. Pretty scary. They are denying his claim because they say it was overloaded. I can’t say I have ever seen a truck break at the frame like that.

Bill
    Think PHOTOSHOP . . . .it could well be the answer!
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast