User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    I've been behind the pass through storage wall and its a maze of water lines. Doing suspension work recently, I found the rear toilet/sink lines running along the frame on the roadside/driver side of the unit. I'm not sure if the kitchen sink lines "t" off these lines. I have discovered with our unit that the "low point" drains do not drain everything. I usually pull the anode out of the water heater to help things along. The first time I used air to purge the lines, A LOT of water came out. Like about 3 gallons. If I remember correctly, the low point drain valves are at the same level of the floor, top of the I-beam frame. It seems that the water lines for the kitchen and rear toilet hang below floor level, "sagging". I just realized this as I am typing. This should be why there is a lot of water left in the lines. Not real sure but I will be looking into it this weekend. May be another project to install real low point drains at the rear toilet lines which would truly make it the "low point".
    I agree with others with turning up the heat and giving the unit time to warm up and defrost. The toilet leak sounds like the foot lever valve may have cracked from the freeze.
    I see you have the same rig, but a year newer and gather that you are a tinkerer...good person to know!
    I have the Bemis toilet with the foot valve. Do you happen to know offhand if replacing the valve will require replacing the entire toilet?

Thanks!!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No luck, as of yesterday. Cranked the heat and gonna head back over in a bit to check it again.
    I understand that it's a good idea to replace the crappy plastic check valves with brass ones...anything in my problem sound related to that? (I was planning to do it when the weather was a bit warmer, but looks like I may have an "opportunity" sooner!)
    How about the full assembly inlet units sold on Amazon? Anyone have experience with those?

https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Camper...95&sr=8-4&th=1

Thanks, everyone!!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robNeedles View Post
    I see you have the same rig, but a year newer and gather that you are a tinkerer...good person to know!
    I have the Bemis toilet with the foot valve. Do you happen to know offhand if replacing the valve will require replacing the entire toilet?

Thanks!!!
    Our toilet is the Thetford porcelain. The foot lever is plastic as is the valve. Both are easily replaceable. I know cuz I just had to replace the vacuum breaker on it. Easy if you can get behind the toilet without removing it.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE! Still no luck.

2018 351M Momentum Nautilus NP1

Greetings!
    Went through the deep freeze recently in Tn. Unhooked from the city water connection, drained down to the low points, set the thermostat on 45 and went to ride out the cold with family. At some point, the propane ran out...
    After several plus freezing days, we returned and hooked up the city water to find only a trickle of water at the rear bathroom sink (hot and cold, I believe) AND the water inlet on the toilet leaking into the bowl. No water at the kitchen or master bath/shower. Water DOES drain at the low points. At the faucet in the bay, I have only cold water. Nautilus settings are correct. I have cleaned screens to the intake at the nautilus and verified flow. Running about 50lbs pressure at the spigot but have tried higher. No signs of leaks from the underbelly or in the crawlspace.

As everyone knows, a diagram is non-existent...unless someone has made their own. Just a flow path would be incredibly helpful.

Please help!!!

Ok, So I ran the heat at 85 for a couple days and it hasn't been back below freezing since the initial freeze. I've cleaned faucet screens and the flow to the inlet is good. We now have slow flow at the rear sink and toilet, a dribble at the kitchen/bathroom sinks and toilet, and still nothing at the shower. This might be telling...the cold water flow is better than hot, which is almost non-existent. This is also true at the faucet on the Nautilus P1 panel in the bay. NONE of the flow after the city inlet is back to pre-freeze levels.

Ideas?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, So I ran the heat at 85 for a couple days and it hasn't been back below freezing since the initial freeze. I've cleaned faucet screens and the flow to the inlet is good. We now have slow flow at the rear sink and toilet, a dribble at the kitchen/bathroom sinks and toilet, and still nothing at the shower. This might be telling...the cold water flow is better than hot, which is almost non-existent. This is also true at the faucet on the Nautilus P1 panel in the bay. NONE of the flow after the city inlet is back to pre-freeze levels.

Ideas?

Since you already verified the screens are clean, pull the screen out of the city water connection and CAREFULLY press on the plastic nub in the center of the city water connection, that is the check valve and it might be stuck. Otherwise, turn off the city water, be sure the water pump is turned offf, open a faucet to be sure any pressure in the system is released, rotate all of the nautilus handles, reset and carefully review the position of the nautilus handles to be certain it is set correctly, reconnect city water and try again.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thought that comes to my mind is wondering if you are losing pressure due to a leak. I would disconnect city water and put water into the fresh tank. Try running things off the pump and see if the pump runs with no faucets turned on.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here's an update, finally.
    I hired someone smarter than me
    It was a combination of damage from the extreme cold (I heard a -34 wind chill, but you know how people exaggerate).
    Valves, bypasses, all kinds of fun stuff. Had to replace the Nautilus panel, which not cheap.
    SO, I had him replace everything with brass while he was under there...and bought a heated hose.

Now I have an entirely new problem (look for my post on lippert one control, coming soon to a forum near you!)

Thanks for everyone's help! It bugs me when I see one of these with no resolution, so I wanted to be sure and give one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12