User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drain your Washer hookup lines occasionally!

For those that have washer/dryer prep in your rig:
    I just winterized yesterday. When blowing out the water lines, they both had a pretty strong sulpher smell.
    We do not have a w/d installed, so those are dead-end water lines.

So, reminder to run some water through those on occasion; they can get pretty funky after an entire season!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a side note/question:
    Has anyone dug into the back of the Nautilus panel and added some cutoff valves at the panel?
    Seems like that would save me the time/effort if I could leave those lines completely shutoff, but I don't want to completely remove the water lines, either.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been winterizing these lines as well. On my 310 it T's off to the curbside water port behind the wall. I've thought about capping the line after that T, that way it could be reconnected with a union if I or the next owner wanted a W/D & it's easy access.
    I haven't traced it back to the N panel to see if it Ts somewhere else.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't winterize since we live in the rig full-time and the lines get used several times a week doing laundry. My thought on the valve topic would be that, unless you had a way to drain the water from the lines after you added the valves, there would still be water in the lines to stagnate. (I guess you could blow them out as you cut them to add the valves...).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m gonna cut into mine right above the pass thru door and use some 1/4 turn ball valves…the type with drains on the valve.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve opened the valves for these washer lines when the low point drains are draining. Seems to empty them out and all is well. I think. I did add caps to the outputs incase a DW shoe were to accidentally turn the valve. Yikes.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    I’m gonna cut into mine right above the pass thru door and use some 1/4 turn ball valves…the type with drains on the valve.
    I think @LMagelitz has the best suggestion. I've been meaning to do mine the same way. I've already cut into them once when I installed our combo washer/dryer.

For now we just run the combo on a cycle with it empty just to flush the pipes. But if not using then then the drains in the pass thru area seem the easiest.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I intend to do this, put shut off valves in line on the clothes washer lines in the basement, we don't use them. Got the valves just haven't done it yet. In the past I have purged the lines once in awhile just to keep the stinky water out before I get the valves put in. My plan is, when I put the valves in, when I cut the lines in the basement, I'll open the clothes washer valves in the closet and let them drain down into the basement. I have noticed those clothes washer valves in the closet are not very good, the last thing I need is for those lines or shut off valves to start leaking and I don't notice it right away.

I've gotten in the habit once in awhile of turning off campground water and running off pump just to see if the pump runs when all faucets are off, indicating a leak.

I just finished removing all of the red/blue flex hose from the bathroom running down into the basement and then behind the basement wall. The local Home Depot was out of stock on a lot of pex supplies, had to drive up into south Houston to get everything I needed for this job. I ended up buying $100 worth of pex stuff, shut off valves, faucet connections ((90 and straight) & for nautilus connections), unions, Ts, 90s, clamps and blue/red sections of line just to have stuff on hand. Don't what to be caught again without the stuff I need to fix leaking water lines.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 01-04-2023 at 08:28 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6581DE72-F0E8-47C0-BEFD-E760102CB928.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	798.5 KB 
ID:	44386Got the two valves installed today. With the stackable washer and dryer, the valves behind them are inaccessible. I think if I need the lines drained, I’ll start a warm water cycle, close the valves, open the drains and suck the water out with a shop vac.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you winterize, de-winterize and sanitize a w/d prep? Per the instruction you are to run the water until pink comes out when winterizing it. It also says to run the water until clean water comes out when de-winterizing it. Where do you run the water to?
    Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD LT 4X4
    2024 Grand Design Reflection 296RDST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast