User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixin, to go full time!

Good Afternoon all. I just put a deposit on a Reflections 297RSTS and the house will be sold in the next two weeks. I've owned campers before but full timing will be a new adventure. This web site looks like it is packed with information and I cannot wait to dive head first into it. Questions will be asked so much you get tired of hearing them. Thanks in advance and I hope to meet some of you on the open road!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​Hi and welcome! You should have fun reading the full time section hereSo where's your first stop in a couple weeks? Are you going to become a Sunbird (one who flees the hot sun in the summer for cooler northern temps))
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    ​Hi and welcome! You should have fun reading the full time section hereSo where's your first stop in a couple weeks? Are you going to become a Sunbird (one who flees the hot sun in the summer for cooler northern temps))
    Thanks for the welcome Whittle! Unfortunately when I move into my camper I will be staying put for a while. I have a relative in a local assisted living facility that I have to take to doctors and shopping and such. I will be able to do some traveling around Florida for short trips but mostly staying put. As far as snow birding? I moved from NJ to Florida 33 years ago to get away from the snow. I’m one of those that never complain about the heat.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group. Ask any questions and as they come up. There's tons of knowledge and experience on here willing to help out.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Longo View Post
    Good Afternoon all. I just put a deposit on a Reflections 297RSTS and the house will be sold in the next two weeks. I've owned campers before but full timing will be a new adventure. This web site looks like it is packed with information and I cannot wait to dive head first into it. Questions will be asked so much you get tired of hearing them. Thanks in advance and I hope to meet some of you on the open road!
    Welcome to the forum, keep those questions coming, we haven't gotten tired of hearing them yet.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best wishes on your new adventure!
    All of us were new at some point. When we went full-time (June 2016), we only camped a couple of times in a pop-up camper that my sister owned. So we had tons of questions.... still do....which is why I visit here every day.
    -B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Longo View Post
    Welcome to the forum and fulltiming. Tami and I are loving the lifestyle over 2 years now touring America, and we know a few people who fulltime mostly in one spot. Yup, we all started some where and asked all of our questions so ask away.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the replies. I am grateful for the warm welcome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there.
    I had the 297 and loved it as a camper. Perfect in every way. When it came time to move into it while we were building a new house I realized the bedroom was lacking some serious wiggle room. I sold the trailer and got into a 5th wheel 350mks. A trailer that’s worth a look is the 315 trailer as it has a much more user friendly bedroom. It’s a little longer and a little more money but cheaper than the route I took buying and selling till you get the right one. I’ve finally settled on a momentum 353g.
    Anyhow good luck on your new adventures!

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast