Thread: Slide Mystery

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Mystery

Greetings
    As I have posted before, our we are getting different fault codes on our control box. On our last trip out, we had Six red blinks followed buy two green blinks. Shortly thereafter, we had six red blinks followed by one green blink. Research shows that in is a fault between motors and control. Interesting as we had the entire system replaced last July. We cut our trip short and brought Imagine back home to repair show who did original replacement work. They took us right in, and proceeded to open slide. Of course, like when you take a sick kid to the doctor, they aren't sick anymore. The two technicians could never get the control box to blink. They tried, but to no avail, They sent us on our way telling us if the error code shows up again, bring it back in. I am befuddled. I have noticed that our 12 volt battery has been showing a weaker reading that usual recently, and I know the Schwintek run off of 12 volts. Anybody think that could be the answer? The repair shop had it hooked up to shore power when they tested.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2022 Imagine. In early November 2022, I put in ticket with GD and they directed the local shop to replace the entire slide system. Ours was trying to close on an angle, no fault codes, it would just get stuck.
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the entire system replaced in July 2022 which makes this even more frustrating
    Thanks

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Greetings
    As I have posted before, our we are getting different fault codes on our control box. On our last trip out, we had Six red blinks followed buy two green blinks. Shortly thereafter, we had six red blinks followed by one green blink. Research shows that in is a fault between motors and control. Interesting as we had the entire system replaced last July. We cut our trip short and brought Imagine back home to repair show who did original replacement work. They took us right in, and proceeded to open slide. Of course, like when you take a sick kid to the doctor, they aren't sick anymore. The two technicians could never get the control box to blink. They tried, but to no avail, They sent us on our way telling us if the error code shows up again, bring it back in. I am befuddled. I have noticed that our 12 volt battery has been showing a weaker reading that usual recently, and I know the Schwintek run off of 12 volts. Anybody think that could be the answer? The repair shop had it hooked up to shore power when they tested.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Thanks
    VERY possible. The whole 12v system acts wonky I f the voltage isn't right. Especially when there's a power draw like a slide system and it's lead acid batteries. Lead batteries tend to lose amperage pretty quickly once they start to deplete due to the voltage drop.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So was the slide inoperative when it showed the codes
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had issues with running our slide simply on battery in the sense where I can hear and see it struggling. We stopped running it simply on the cheap, dealer supplied group 24 battery. We will open and close it on shore power and if boondocking, I'll plug it in to the running TV. Lithium replacement battery is inbound.
    Its very possible that that is simply your issue. Have you notice if you are getting a code while plugged into shore power or just the battery?
    I know for slides built after 2019 or 2020 (not sure which year) Lippert says to not lube at all. But last summer while leaving Bar Harbour, our slide would come in on an angle and jam after 6in or so. I tried multiple times, tried the re-sync procedure, flipped the wiring harness at the controller, tried the override, tried assisting it by pushing and nothing would get it closed. As DW was looking for a mobile tech, I tried lubing it as per the Lippert video that I remember seing (I just so happen to have brought along that recommended lube can that I thought had bought for nothing), that same video that they are trying real hard to remove. And not only did it did the trick, the slide has never operated so smoothly. I haven's tried it on just battery power but I wouldn't hesitate to try it now. Lubing it is now part of my spring and late summer routine. Here's the link on how and where to lube it if you want to give that a try. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXw9I_DoAvI
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No-Worked fine

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    No-Worked fine
    I have to ask. Why are you looking for codes if it is working fine?
    I agree with others if you were not on shore power and the dealer was then the battery is your issue
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No-Worked fine

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just happen to see code flashing when we opened cabinet to get some cleaner & we were on shore power both times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast