Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 2500rl Main TV mounting area

Hello Fellow GD's
    I have recently purchased a 2019 GD Imagine 2500RL I noticed on this years design the tv is mounted out further than the newer designs, (by pictures I have looked at) The newer design actually has some counter space below the tv as it sits back further. With my particular model the tv is near the front and a wall is about 6" behind that. It appears to be a lot of wasted space in that cavity between this panel and the outside wall. I know there will be some wires in there, but not enough to fill this area. The main control panel is on the narrow edge of this cavity so no access from there.

My question is has anyone opened that up and made a good usable space once the tv is swung out of the way. As we are shortly leaving on an extended trip I dont wish to pull it all apart to investigate. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Rockwoodfarm,

We have the same floor plan and honestly have been noodling what to do with that space. The problem I keep coming up with is how to access that space. Access from the front would be behind the TV which almost covers that hidden volume or the other access would be from the side over the stove, still not a good choice. I think what GD did with the newer model was to move the TV to the top (maybe to high for viewing?) but they had to remove the two upper cabinets to do that. The open space under the TV allowed for counter all the way to the door and they added in a window, both very nice features.

I think I am stuck with what to do with that hidden space.

Hope you enjoy your 2500RL, it still really works for us.

Neal
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Neal, Thanks for the reply. Home now after a two month trip through southern US so now I can check things out. I am going to remove the control panel by the door to have a peak inside that space and then decide what to do. I most likely will make a door or opening behind the TV for access to extra storage of seldom used items. I am also going to improve the shoe storage area (by the door) by cutting out more of that panel. This will allow for a small shelf for those extra shoes. I was also disappointed that all receptacles are on one 15 amp circuit ( and occasionally trip it) . I am going to add a receptacle somewhere along that bottom panel near the breaker panel and use the empty breaker space and add another 15 amp breaker. Since we use electric heat sometimes this will be handy. I agree with you the newer design is an improvement but we are still pleased with ours so far. Les