User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moryde Pin Box

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO it was worth it. I replaced a Roto-Flex with the MorRyde. I see GD is now putting on MorRyde pin boxes on new Solitudes. I suppose competition forced them into that. So they must help some.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your replies. I am going to make the jump and purchase one at some point. I think a larger fuel tank is going to be first on the list.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Good to know on the slipper springs. Did your Solitude already have the MORyde CRE4000 or higher prior to the spring upgrade? I'm just wondering how much of a difference that slipper spring setup makes over and above the MORyde spring dampeners if a person was going to add the shocks no matter what?
    We purchased our Solitude used and it came with the stock suspension which included a Lippert equalizer with rubber cushioning. First thing I did was replace the OEM spring bushings with Morryde bushings. I was amazed at worn out the factory bushings were. On some there was literally nothing left of the factory bushings. After that I installed the shock kit. I did both of these upgrades before we had many miles on it so I'm unable to compare. That said, I was surprised at how little things inside the Solitude moved around after traveling over what I thought were pretty bad sections of road. We put around 3000 miles on that setup and then I moved to the slipper spring system. I view the slipper system as a poor-mans independent suspension. Each axle now moves independently. Also, much fewer moving parts not having equalizers. My only complaint is a creaking noise where the springs ride against the slipper pads. I put some graphite lubricant on the slipper pads and I'll get a chance to see how it works next month when we head down to Florida.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    IMO it was worth it. I replaced a Roto-Flex with the MorRyde. I see GD is now putting on MorRyde pin boxes on new Solitudes. I suppose competition forced them into that. So they must help some.
    How was the Roto-Flex? I just traded a Solitude with the MorRyde for a Momentum 397th with the Roto-Flex. I really don’t want to spend the $$$ on a pin box if the Roto-Flex isn’t too bad.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    We went from a solid pin-box to a Morryde on our 2930RL Solitude S Class this past Fall. Have around 800 miles on it. My experience is that it was so-so. It helped some but not as much as I thought it would. My chucking almost always occurs on concrete roads and occurs more often in northern cold climate states. I believe its expansion joints. We experience much less chucking in warmer states that have minimal winters.
    We did the same; negotiated switching from the Rhino box to the MorRyde pin box when we bought the 2930RL. We left on a long trip (8K miles) before the dealer could get the MorRyde box; the dealer changed it as soon as we got back. It was big difference, helping especially with chucking when accelerating or braking. Nothing helps on crappy roads, and we’ve found our share of those across the country. I’d change it again in a heartbeat.
    Mike 🏌️⛳️
    2017 Ram 2500 CC, 6.7L Cummins Diesel 🐏
    2022 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    Full-time since 8/9/21

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does upgrading the pin box affect the GD warranty?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant View Post
    Does upgrading the pin box affect the GD warranty?
    No. The frame and its warranty are Lippert rather than GD, but switching to an appropriate, approved pin box does not affect the warranty. There is controversy regarding true gooseneck adapters, but that's another topic.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    How was the Roto-Flex? I just traded a Solitude with the MorRyde for a Momentum 397th with the Roto-Flex. I really don’t want to spend the $$$ on a pin box if the Roto-Flex isn’t too bad.
    @DennisK
    The Root-Flex was a pretty harsh ride and, for me, caused a lot of chucking (pushing/pulling) on the truck. The MorRyde reduces that because of how the pin plate sort of floats thus cushioning the ride. I still got some noise and pushing/pulling when starting from a dead stop and coming to a dead stop.

I've moved on to a Reese Goose box and got a long bed truck just to that; and to get ride of the 300+ lb slider hitch I needed.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the Rota-Flex pin box on our 2018 374TH-R Solitude. When we went to MorRyde in IN. we had the IS independent suspension installed and disc brakes. They offered to put the MorRyde pin box on, with free installation and improvements. We decided to do it.
    No more clunking or thumping. It was a good decision. Our upgrades have smoothed out our travels a lot.

Pin box installed

All done and leveled within 1/4" 13' 4 1/2"

IS Independent Suspension installed late June 2022

Here's a little help to spend more money wisely. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Solitude is the first fifth wheel I’ve owned that came with the Morryde Pin Box. My 2005 Jayco Designer had the standard pin box. After 2 years towing it I got tired of all of the chucking & bought the Morryde Pin Box at Tampa RV Show. In 2010 I bought DRV Select Suites. Drove it 600 miles to Kentucky & hated the ride so much I drove to Morryde in Elkhart & had pin box replaced with Morryde Pin box & also had IS & disc brakes installed. I think that shows how much I think of the Morryde pin box! I also replaced the axles on the Solitude with IS & disc brakes at Morryde’s earliest available appointment.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12