Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moryde Pin Box

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moryde Pin Box

I am looking to a possible upgrade to a moryde pinbox. Just wondering if its really worth the 800 dollar upgrade. I understand it doesnt eliminate 100% of chucking, and my chucking really isnt too bad. Just looking to hear from people who have upgraded, and thoughts.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by House_of_Henniker View Post
    I am looking to a possible upgrade to a moryde pinbox. Just wondering if its really worth the 800 dollar upgrade. I understand it doesnt eliminate 100% of chucking, and my chucking really isnt too bad. Just looking to hear from people who have upgraded, and thoughts.
    We had ours upgraded by the dealer before we even picked up our 320MKS. I've towed 5vers with the regular pin box and the Rubber Pin Box is such an improvement!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which RV do you have? If you have a solid pin box now and there's a MORryde that will fit, the answer is an unequivocal "Yes."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went from a solid pin-box to a Morryde on our 2930RL Solitude S Class this past Fall. Have around 800 miles on it. My experience is that it was so-so. It helped some but not as much as I thought it would. My chucking almost always occurs on concrete roads and occurs more often in northern cold climate states. I believe its expansion joints. We experience much less chucking in warmer states that have minimal winters.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by House_of_Henniker View Post
    I had that on my Montana. Worked ok. Just found a nearly new Lippert Trailair that I just installed on my new Reflection. Heard great things about those. We'll see. Adding shocks on the camper next.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    .....Adding shocks on the camper next.
    Added shocks to ours and was very happy with the outcome. I also just added the slipper spring system and was equally happy.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    Added shocks to ours and was very happy with the outcome. I also just added the slipper spring system and was equally happy.
    Good to know on the slipper springs. Did your Solitude already have the MORyde CRE4000 or higher prior to the spring upgrade? I'm just wondering how much of a difference that slipper spring setup makes over and above the MORyde spring dampeners if a person was going to add the shocks no matter what?
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swapped out a solid pin to a Morryde Pin box on my Reflection 303. I have a Curt Crosswind so the head stays on the pin. The ride is a lot smoother, happy with the upgrade.
    Scott and Brenda
    2019 F250 6.2
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Which RV do you have? If you have a solid pin box now and there's a MORryde that will fit, the answer is an unequivocal "Yes."

Rob
    X2 - Excellent upgrade. Installation is straight forward. DW and I did the install in about an hour. It will not remove all chucking but the damping effect is noticeably better. Be sure to review the trailer weight to match the correct pin box P/N. We purchased through ET after sending them a lower price off Amazon they price matched and also extended an additional discount.

Dutchman 2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

We sold a 5 yr old toyhauler with a MORryde pin box on it, bought a used 2021 Solitude S class with solid pin box. Road trip of about 110 miles to Sun City AZ area told us to replace the solid pin box.

We bought a MORryde RPB72-1621HD-05 off Amazon. I had help installing the box in the RV park. We put 7200 miles on the Solitude & truck in summer 2022
    2021 Solitude S Class 3540GK
    F-350 DRW Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast