User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter travel / 2021 303 4 season

We will be traveling through some cold areas in route to warmer temps. GD customer service doesn't recommend traveling with the propane heat on in the rig and they don't guarantee the tank heaters will be sufficient. They say you need to re-winterize each time you stop for night. You're experience would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    We will be traveling through some cold areas in route to warmer temps. GD customer service doesn't recommend traveling with the propane heat on in the rig and they don't guarantee the tank heaters will be sufficient. They say you need to re-winterize each time you stop for night. You're experience would be appreciated.
    GD has to say that. I've traveled with the furnace on with no problem.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I left it on once by mistake and when I got to camp it had faulted out and was off. Not sure exactly why. Reset and all was well. So. Kind of not counting on it working on the road if needed. Probably go the winterization route.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We leave the furnace and hot water on... and carry 2 small spare tanks.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We travel from Alberta to Arizona every winter, always leave the furnace and wh on (tank heaters too), no issues.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option, leave it winterized and dry camp until you get to consistently above freezing temps.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he said ^^1^^ if possible. We always travel with the fridge on lp but I've never tried traveling with the furnace or hw on lp.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live north of Chicago and head down South every year to warmer weather around Xmas. We do not winterize the trailer, but we do make it a point to empty the water lines and blow them out. Until we are ready to go, we plug a small ceramic space heater in the camper, and plug the camper in our garage. Then on our trip we make sure to have several jugs of drinking water which we keep in the camper. We do not attach water at the campgrounds until temps are above freezing. Truthfully the water lines will probably be turned off at the campgrounds if it is below freezing.
    On our way back, as we only vacation down south a couple of weeks, we stop and get the camper winterized.
    Richard & Dawn
    2019 Imagine 2600RB pulled by 2015 Ram 1500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 369RSL and we travel quite a bit in the winter and leave the furnace on set to about 60. I installed a larger furnace because, frankly, below about 30 degrees the heater was not adequate to keep us warm in the trailer. However, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you remember to shut of the furnace and any other pilot lights (stove, refrigerator, etc) before entering a fuel station to refuel. A guy made that mistake with a Class C in Frisco CO a few years back and it was quite an explosion, fortunately no serious injuries but lots of property damage.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next Monday (Feb. 13th) will be our 11th time leaving Wisconsin in February and returning in mid-April, eventually staying at state & regional parks in the Phoenix, AZ area. Usually, it is well below freezing our first couple of nights (and sometime days). I use a good quality indoor/outdoor thermometer with just temperature features. I hang the outdoor unit in the camper and the indoor unit I keep in the truck. We leave home the camper as warm as I get it and check the temperature in the camper as we head south. After we fuel up and pull away from the pumps, I’ll turn on the heat if need be. We monitor the temp and turn it off before fuel up the next time. Only had to do that twice in the last ten years. We don’t de-winterize until we get to Arizona. We use the facilities at the various RV parks to shower go to the bathroom as much as we can. I also dump extra rv-antifreeze in both black and gray tanks. We carry a couple of gallon jugs of water to use for dumping and refill them as needed along the way. This system has worked well for us
    Omrod
    Wisconsin
    2022 Chev Silverado HD
    2021 Imagine 3250BH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast