Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings from Alabama

Hello, noobie RV shopper here.

We have toyed around with the idea of buying an RV here and there, but have finally made the serious choice to move forward to buy, and hope to make a purchase at the end of this year.

We are currently considering the following brands. Grand Design Imagine, Keystone Cougar, and recently have started to look at Outdoors RV (online only, no dealers near me)

I would like to put eyeballs on an Outdoors RV - so hopeful to see one puling through a Buc-ee's or otherwise out in the wild where I can speak to the owner - or perhaps meet someone here.

Otherwise I'm here for research and learning.
    Last edited by BasicDude; 01-10-2023 at 10:53 AM.
    Tow Vehicle - 2020 RAM 3500 6.7HO AS69RC 3.73 SRW SBCC 4WD
    Camper - shopping

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicDude View Post
    Hello, noobie RV shopper here.

We have toyed around with the idea of buying an RV here and there, but have finally made the serious choice to move forward to buy, and hope to make a purchase at the end of this year.

We are currently considering the following brands. Grand Design Imagine, Keystone Cougar, and recently have started to look at Outdoors RV (online only, no dealers near me)

I would like to put eyeballs on an Outdoors RV - so hopeful to see one puling through a Buc-ee's or otherwise out in the wild where I can speak to the owner - or perhaps meet someone here.

Otherwise I'm here for research and learning.
    Welcome to the forum, since this is a place populated by owners of Grand Design coaches, it would be most appropriate if you asked about any GD coaches you're looking at.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Welcome to the forum, since this is a place populated by owners of Grand Design coaches, it would be most appropriate if you asked about any GD coaches you're looking at.

That's the plan
    Tow Vehicle - 2020 RAM 3500 6.7HO AS69RC 3.73 SRW SBCC 4WD
    Camper - shopping

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicDude View Post
    That's the plan
    Let us know how we can help.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at Outdoors RV and Arctic Fox when out west when we were shopping. Both looked like they had dated interiors / decorum; Lance wasn't too far behind. Every time I go to their websites I come away thinking the same thing. You'd probably need to consider where you would bet support in the East if you bought one.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 01-10-2023 at 01:59 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at the Outdoor RV trailers and found them to be well built. They build their own frames in house and they are made to go off road a bit. I think most of them had shocks and better shackles then the GD lines. The steel used in them is a little more robust than what Lippert uses so their trailers are a little heavier than most of the trailers that have Lippert built frames. We almost bought one of their fifth wheels but just didn’t like the color combinations in it and it was over a 1000 lbs heavier than the GD 303RLS that we bought. Plus we liked the layout of the 303. The problem with our 303 is it developed frame cracks right from the get go so I have had it in a frame shop and had the frame beefed up the first year I owned it. I did get Lippert to pay for it but it took a little fighting with both GD and Lippert and threatening to turn this problem over to the attorney general’s office and the BBB. They agreed to pay and Lippert has a rework drawing for the repair procedure so they knew all along they had a problem. Outdoor RV uses a lot of the same materials and appliances the rest of them use so a lot of that is the same but they do have bigger dinettes than most of the industry but the main thing they tend to be a little heavier than their competitors. I know they are built in Oregon state so they are not part of the Indiana conglomeration, which could be a plus.
    2020 303RLS
    2018 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    BW Companion
    Retired and loving it.