User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victron GX Touch Mounting Location 349m-r

Have a 21 349m-r with OEM solar and gen set. Recently upgraded MPPT controller to Victron, 2 300aH batteries, and additional 300w panel (600w total). Love the setup so far, but want more.

Next step/upgrade will involve mounting the Victron's GX Touch head unit somewhere in the coach. I would like either on the same wall as the OneControl display (left of entry door) or on wall between TV and bathroom door (above breaker panel). Curious how to run the HDMI cable from basement through wall with minimum drilling.

Looking for what others have done. Pics would be a bonus.

Thank you!
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 349m-r
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted our GX panel and the BMV monitor in the cabinet above the coffee bar area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GX Display.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	44415

To make the wire routing easier, I cut a hole in the wall behind a drawer that went down to the area where our breaker panel wires fed into the basement. Trying to fish wires through the hole where GD ran the wires for the control panel was almost impossible. This is the factory hole for the breaker panel:

Name:	Factory Hole2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	44416

And the new hole I made above it to gain access to the area where the GX is:

Name:	New Hole2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	44417
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS