User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyjCSLT22 View Post
    Understood. but it sounds like you don't advise single alxes period.. Which I could understand.. that is my I am here..

I was really impressed with the build quality of the Grand Designs.

last question of the day, what are your thoughts about IBEX and No bouundaires? just in case you know
    Have no experience with them
    Cargo capacity is important to me
    As far as “quality” I think they all have that. Grand Design imo is no better than any other
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Have no experience with them
    Cargo capacity is important to me
    As far as “quality” I think they all have that. Grand Design imo is no better than any other
    I respectfully disagree.. from some of the ones I’ve seen GD seems to be well built especially with the insulation, however you actually own one so, you would know more than me.. I can’t remember the name of this one I got in this past weekend at a show but it felt like it was going to fall apart

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respectfully disagree.. from some of the ones I’ve seen GD seems to be well built especially with the insulation, however you actually own one so, you would know more than me.. I can’t remember the name of this one I got in this past weekend at a show but it felt like it was going to fall apart
    I just go by experience. My Jayco had one failure in 7 seasons of use and my current trailer has had more than I can count in 2 seasons. YMMV
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just go by experience. My Jayco had one failure in 7 seasons of use and my current trailer has had more than I can count in 2 seasons. YMMV
    I see.. what does YMMV stand for?

Besides your 1 fail with jayco, how do you like them at a MFG? I’m interested in them too because of the new PDI facility they just built

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see.. what does YMMV stand for?

Besides your 1 fail with jayco, how do you like them at a MFG? I’m interested in them too because of the new PDI facility they just built
    YMMV your mileage may vary

I loved Jayco. Quality trailer imo They didn’t have the features I wanted in the jay feather line and the white hawk series is many thousands more than the Imagine I have now. At least in my area market. The other I wanted was the cougar line up because my wife wanted the front windshield (wish all manufacturers offered this) but again was way more expensive than the Imagine
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YMMV your mileage may vary

I loved Jayco. Quality trailer imo They didn’t have the features I wanted in the jay feather line and the white hawk series is many thousands more than the Imagine I have now. At least in my area market. The other I wanted was the cougar line up because my wife wanted the front windshield (wish all manufacturers offered this) but again was way more expensive than the Imagine

GD seems to be stubborn ab this.. no front windshield…but their rigs seem to hold their value and have value

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe, if you are seeking a quality built small trailer, you should also consider the Lance product line. They offer several floor plans in the shorter length trailer line. However, be prepared to pay for that quality upgrade. Good luck with your search.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    I believe, if you are seeking a quality built small trailer, you should also consider the Lance product line. They offer several floor plans in the shorter length trailer line. However, be prepared to pay for that quality upgrade. Good luck with your search.
    Lance are the bomb.. but I cannot afford them. I'm going to look at them at the tampa show next week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always tell people that are new to RVing that before they spend the money on one they should go out and rent an RV on several occassions to see what they can live with. You may find that the model you think is right for you is too small, too large, doesn't have enough storage, you don't like a bed where one person has to crawl over the other, etc. etc. By the time I bought my first RV I knew exactly what I wanted and had to have. A bed with 2 sides to get into and out of, an RV (not residential fridge) plenty of drawers, drawers in the bathroom (you'd be surprised how many don't and what a pain it is to haul you're toiletries back and forth) a tv that is right in front of my seated place, not something I have to look at sideways.............the list goes on and on. I also suggest you look at models that are 2 or years old or more. By then the owner has gotten the bugs fixed. Brand new units these days seem to spend lots of time sitting and waiting for warranty repairs........and they don't do them quickly. Some dealers are scheduling out 7 or more months.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
    I always tell people that are new to RVing that before they spend the money on one they should go out and rent an RV on several occassions to see what they can live with. You may find that the model you think is right for you is too small, too large, doesn't have enough storage, you don't like a bed where one person has to crawl over the other, etc. etc. By the time I bought my first RV I knew exactly what I wanted and had to have. A bed with 2 sides to get into and out of, an RV (not residential fridge) plenty of drawers, drawers in the bathroom (you'd be surprised how many don't and what a pain it is to haul you're toiletries back and forth) a tv that is right in front of my seated place, not something I have to look at sideways.............the list goes on and on. I also suggest you look at models that are 2 or years old or more. By then the owner has gotten the bugs fixed. Brand new units these days seem to spend lots of time sitting and waiting for warranty repairs........and they don't do them quickly. Some dealers are scheduling out 7 or more months.

Thats good advice.. I leave tomorrow for the Tampa RV show and will get a good idea of what I would like

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast